return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 
PING! - The BBM for IPhones
View this Thread in Original format
Alexx G
So apparently they came up with the equivalent of BBM for Iphones.
Free instant messaging between Iphone users worldwide
Havent really tried it yet so not quite sure how it works
check it out:
http://web.me.com/everything/ping/appstore.html

my user name is alex.g

if u download it send me a message i want to see how it works

FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME - HURRY!
taface
Ooooh, nifty!! I'll add you
Alexx G
tried it out. seems to work. obviously only with internet connection.
what u guys think?
robbiej
sick thanks for the info! i just sent it to a few friends hopefully this catches
DK Man
Ok so I installed it, but didn't test it yet! You get the msg regardless of where you are has long has the 3G is working or hooked on Wirelss or do you have to go in the app? So basically you use your 3G insted of the phone line?
Dom K.
malek
My id is malek
robbiej
quote:
Originally posted by DK Man
Ok so I installed it, but didn't test it yet! You get the msg regardless of where you are has long has the 3G is working or hooked on Wirelss or do you have to go in the app? So basically you use your 3G insted of the phone line?
Dom K.

aye thats what push notification is, it'll push the data to your phone even if the apps off and phone is locked, but i believe if you dont allow push notification then the only times you'll see msgs is when you unlock your phone i think
DJ_SideFx
yes turn on push notifications

my id is RAFFIA
taface
quote:
Originally posted by robbiej
aye thats what push notification is, it'll push the data to your phone even if the apps off and phone is locked, but i believe if you dont allow push notification then the only times you'll see msgs is when you unlock your phone i think

Yes, with push notifications on, it'll behave exactly like SMS.
robbiej
ive been whoring this app all day.. should all send emails to the author to dupe bbm features

jester
i will add it to my touch when i get it back :)
jester
jesseps
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement