return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Depression vs Rain (kinda crazy)
View this Thread in Original format
diskodave
Cool article on the comparing Google searches for correlating trends - crazy how rain and depression sync up:

http://www.intrends.org/2009/09/dep...mptoms-of-rain/

Are you suffering from the symptoms of depression? Have you ever wondered if your depression symptoms are from rain? That’s right, rain causing depression. Well, thanks to Doctor Google, we’re able to pinpoint how many searches are made for a specific keyword or phrase during a set timeframe. To investigate our hypothesis of rain being an catalyst in depression, we compare the number of searches made for the word depression against the number of searches for rain. To rephrase, people tend to search for the word rain when the weather conditions are rainy outside, so we want to measure the rain search frequency and compare it to the frequency of depression search queries. Take a look at the chart, the similarities are quiet shocking:

Read more...
wing
but i love rain

quote:
To rephrase, people tend to search for the word rain when the weather conditions are rainy outside

well i've never done that

wackk asss conclusion
stren
what about singing in the rain ?
R.j.
or listen to the rhythm of the falling rain

or Rain from Mortal Kombat?
Acton
Rain doesn't depress me in the slightest, but threads without gifs do.

Lira
I love rain so much it makes me wet :D
Acton
quote:
Originally posted by Lira

No pun intended!
R.j.
quote:
Originally posted by Lira

yyyeaaaaahhhhh jus' lahke t'at.
Domesticated
That is bull.

Google takes searches from all over the world, where it could be raining or sunny at any time of year.
diskodave
Yes, google is widely used.. but more so in some countries then others. That data is a POOL of data... which means if a ton of people are searching for conditions like RAIN... and a ton of people are searching for DEPRESSION.. then that data pool is likely in winter-ish rainy months AND that data pool has an increased search in depression. It doesn't take many braincells to make that connection and figure that out. Also, look how similar the movements are...

Is the 'random' spike in SUMMER during the middle of the year just a coincidence? lol

Joss Weatherby
quote:
Originally posted by Domesticated
That is bull.

Google takes searches from all over the world, where it could be raining or sunny at any time of year.

You do realize that they can localize pretty accurately where searches are coming from right?
Rose
So because I love the rain and hate the sun does that make me a depressed person? you :mad:

:(
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement