return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
c0r help
View this Thread in Original format
yukii
okay so every time i try burning a cd, it's just NOT happening, i have already burned cds on my laptop several times but lately i'm just getting my cds 'finalized' and ejected & it's a waste of money :mad:

both windows media player & itunes are using my cds up & i don't want to download any program.. i keep getting 'error' messages and im wondering if anyone with computer expertise can tell me what the prob is. :eyespop:
Moongoose
lets put it like this. A chinese restaurant makes great chinese food...but you wouldn't trust them to prepare for you a delicious full course french meal would you?

Meaning dont rely on players to burn your cds, don't be a baby and get some proper software to do that (i mean sure, you could write your whole doctoral dissertation in notepad if you really didn't want to install office, but it would be your own fault if people laughed at you when you went to turn it in).

In the meantime try this
DaRoZa
i find media programs are especially gay when burning cds... try burning a standard data cd with windows and see if it gets recognized after. if it can't even do that and reinstalling drivers don't fix it the drive is probably dead
ziptnf
Not always, Mongoose. I have a feeling that her CD Drive may be screwed up. I had problems with Windows Media Player, but tried Nero/Nero Express and had the same issues. Yukii, I suggest running a CD Drive diagnostic from the laptop manufacturers website to find what the problem is.
yukii
yeag, i used windows to put the files directly the the CD E: drive.. & it recognized the blank cd & everything, but then when windows media pops up, it just s it up..

SO ur saying to get a proper burning program? :( what's a 'proper' software you could recommend? :p
yukii
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Not always, Mongoose. I have a feeling that her CD Drive may be screwed up. I had problems with Windows Media Player, but tried Nero/Nero Express and had the same issues. Yukii, I suggest running a CD Drive diagnostic from the laptop manufacturers website to find what the problem is.

maybe ur right.. bc i had a 5 pack of cds and all but ONE failed..
and i also burned a cd for my mom *third try* and that time it made a LOUD beep noise from the drive.. as if it was running on hamster wheel electricity and trying hard to burn lol i think im gona run the diagnostic..
DjWhooCares
or perhaps try burning them at a slow speed...
if not try what others have suggested.

ur computer has the swine
Sushipunk
Just get a burning program. I use ImgBurn and I've never had a problem with it. Super easy to use.

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
bas
Jump into a hole, that might help.
yukii
thanks everyone, the cd eventually burned but im gona try all the suggestions so i don't have to go through billions of cds, so thanks!-- except mr. cameltoe above me.

pkcRAISTLIN
ask nathan to take your computer apart and then put it back together again.
Amduscias
You have to get a better lighter
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement