return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Adding effects in Ableton?
View this Thread in Original format
FromAbove
I had an idea to make a whole simple track, with no reverse crashes or neat transitions, bouncing it all to a WAV track, then using Ableton to finalize it. Is this a proper way to produce? I use Reason but I find it hard to add in effects on time and I think Ableton has better filters and reverbs.

Thanks.
MrJiveBoJingles
What do you mean "proper way to produce?" Any method that gets you the sound you want is the "proper way."
FromAbove
i'm worried about sound loss? i believe thats the word. from exporting to a 24-bit wav into Ableton and then exporting the whole song again won't it kill the sound? also, if i compress the drums and everything in Reason, i don't need to do anymore to them in ableton do i? i just really don't want to do anything wrong.
Nightshift
No.
MrJiveBoJingles
quote:
Originally posted by FromAbove
i'm worried about sound loss? i believe thats the word. from exporting to a 24-bit wav into Ableton and then exporting the whole song again won't it kill the sound?

No. Why would it?

quote:
also, if i compress the drums and everything in Reason, i don't need to do anymore to them in ableton do i? i just really don't want to do anything wrong.

It all depends on what you want it to sound like.
kitphillips
Export everything as 32 bit. And export individual tracks otherwise how are you going to apply abletons "superior" filters and reverbs? Also, if you have ableton, why not just run reason in rewire mode, or scrap reason altogether? Running it in rewire is probably your best bet. Then you can do your mixing in ableton
Waza
I would just use re-wire as kit says.

or take 16 bar or 32 bar loops of each track and then build it up in ableton.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement