return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Uplifting Trance Arragement & Progression
View this Thread in Original format
henryv
Sometimes i get stuck for hours and sometimes even days on what follow the next segment of a track.

any help on this?

are they some basic rules or guides to follow?

Chorus
Verse
etc etc?

very confused at this point.

thanks!
Mr.Mystery
How to make generic trance:

http://www.tranceproduction.com/get...estructure.html
LoveHate
just load up any trance song and look at how its arranged.

check out some midi files
SDM
quote:
Originally posted by henryv
Sometimes i get stuck for hours and sometimes even days on what follow the next segment of a track.

any help on this?

are they some basic rules or guides to follow?

Chorus
Verse
etc etc?

very confused at this point.

thanks!

thats one of the things that comes naturaly for awesome producers.

also you should have it different on each track, some tracks can be 8 minutes of the same without getting boring while others have to change all the time like the one im working on atm.

one of my latest project is like this:

intro-groove-part1-part2-part3-part4-outro

the groove is baseline, drums and a easy midbass/low synth

part1,2,3 are just the groove + a lead or acid line, so i had to make three different synths-lines.

part4 is a mix between part1,2,3 like the chaos/peak-part. also here i did some random with the drums to make variations and unexpected to happen (though subtle so i wont loose the groove).

the intro is the baseline and the synth from part1 fading in.

the outro is kick, baseline and the synth from part3 fading out.

all the parts are like 32bars long i think.

oh and also, first half of part1,2,3 are without hihats and snares.

you might notice from this that the the kick is there all the way from after the intro, to the end. i love that. btw this track is non-dj-friendly.

this is what i think is the most fun part of making music atm, once u have all the parts of the track readdy in a loop, start arranging them, i love it, its so fun.

i rarely make them dj friendly beacuse it means its boring the first two- and the last minutes, and is probably why so many people hate EDM.

u can make generic trance:

dj-friendly_mix-in(boring) -> buildup-breakdown-takeoff-fadeout -> dj-friendly-mix-out(boring)

or if ur really into the late 90s put in another breakdown and takeoff after the first one and delete the boring dj friendly intro/outro:

buildup-breakdown-takeoff-fadeout-takeoff-fadeout

One tip is to make the transitions from the parts of the track prominent, so that the listener really know where he are. like:"oh yeah here it comes, get ready" lol

Or you can have all your parts just running through the whole track and just automate the levels and/or filters on them. This is more 90s technoish and im going to try that soon.

good luck
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement