return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Mind fkker
View this Thread in Original format
we_R_DNA
I tried this and some how it worked. weird

floyd741
I was looking through the textbook for a psychology class I'm taking and they had one of these but it was an American flag with the colors inverted. You stare at it and then when you look at a blank wall you see the flag with the proper colors.

Pretty cool stuff, imo.
idoru
Neat.
ziptnf
At first I thought this was a silly flash animation that actually displayed the colored image then reverted to black and white, but it's legit. Pretty wild.
shaw
whoa. cool.
Nrg2Nfinit
i dont get it.. i see a grayscale image..
[N]ûk|êû[Z]
i dont know if its the same for anyone else... but i stare at the dot for the allotted time.. then as soon as it switchs colour i see that picture in real colour.. as soon as i move my eye from the dot, it instantly goes to black & white.. but if i keep looking at the dot, it stays in true colour.

pretty crazy stuff :)
Omega_M
It appears to be a simple illusion where the first image and its blue walls mix briefly with the gray scale image giving an illusion of the true colors of the walls, in the corners of your vision as you stare at the dot in the center.
Arbiter
What's it supposed to do? These things never work for me.
kadomony
it happens because your cone cells adapt (get fatigued) to the color, when the color is removed (greyscale), the cells adjust by interpreting it as the opposite color. the different shades of grey allow for the different shades of the adapted color.

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/scien...mBio_p021.shtml

astroboy
It stops working if you move your gaze away from the dot. When the pic changes your focus will want to move around the picture instinctively to review the altered image. If you can't will your eyes to avoid that instinct and keep staring at the dot these things won't work for you.
shaw
quote:
Originally posted by astroboy
arbiter's a girly man
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement