return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Making sweep sounds for build ups???
View this Thread in Original format
isrefel
Finding it hard to design sounds for build ups... want a long 8 bar plus sound.... just need some direction on the basics...as im finding it hard to get anything over 4bars and all sounds i create lack movement

any advice would be amazing.. have minimoog V... and minimonsta also have reason if its easyier to explain on the thor or subtractor..

thanks in advance
SDM
pm me with ur msn and ill help u on reason if u want. alot easier to just send projects back and forth instead of explaining so much.
floyd741
NOISE SWEEP
KilldaDJ
quote:
Originally posted by floyd741
NOISE SWEEP

ya. some white noise with an automated cutoff filter on it will do the trick.
Wayne_B
Hey guys, what about non-white noise sweeps? Much more interesting. You know those synth noise sweeps.. Any tips on this?
KilldaDJ
ya. just replace the white noise synth with whatever synth you want and then add a cutoff filter to it :)
AstroB
Here is some free sidechain (24 of them, I think) longer sweeps I made awhile back for anyone to use. I made them when I was bored one day. They last from 13 seconds to 27 or so.

AB-SC-Sweeps.ace
SDM
.ace? wtf is that? i dont even dare to touch a link like that.
AstroB
http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/ace

I use that compression because its free, and because its twice as effective as the zip format. The wave files zipped up is 56 meg vs 35 meg for the ace format. Nonetheless I will upload a zip version in a bit.

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Here is the zipped version, but because its bigger then 50 meg I cant host it on the file den free account, which is why I uploaded the other one in the first place. If anyone knows a better free storage site other then rapid share feel free to point it out and I will upload there.
studiobob
learn to play with the LFOs on your synth. you can probably route them to most of the parameters on there. try LFO to filter cutoff. lfo to oscillator pitch. then try assigning another LFO to that one so you modulate the modulation. there is no end to what you can do, just takle s long time to learn the ins and outs of each synth

msz
all the basics have been mentioned here you should be on your way. on the filter envelope set a high attack.
isrefel
thnks alot for feedback..it means alot. I have decided to start and make my own sounds....i have alway just went for a sample or a preset in the past... its so easy to shy away from actually learning how to use a synth. If anyone has any good books or video tudorails on sound design that would be cool...

isrefel ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement