return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Live 8 and dual-boot OS's
View this Thread in Original format
cryophonik
Hey guys - I'm in the process of reinstalling all of my apps on Windows 7. I've installed W7 on my desktop computer as a dual-boot setup with Vista as the other OS on another partition. Live 8 is installed on the Vista OS partition and I also have it installed on my laptop, so I've used both of my authorizations. Does anyone know if installing it on my Windows 7 partition counts as a third installation (thereby requiring me to remove it from either my laptop or the Vista OS partition), or will Ableton see it as simply a reinstallation on my desktop (even though it is also already installed on the Vista OS partition)? Hopefully, that made sense!
TranceLover007
It shouldn’t be any problem to install Ableton on another partition since you can’t run both in the same time. I think this was an exception for any software you install.

Let’s see if anybody else has some more info on this.
kitphillips
Shoor them an email, I hear ableton are very good at providing extra authorisations.
cryophonik
quote:
Originally posted by kitphillips
Shoor them an email, I hear ableton are very good at providing extra authorisations.

I've done that, but haven't heard back from them yet. I'll post the answer once I do.
cryophonik
As promised, here is the answer in case others run into this same situation:

quote:
Originally posted by Ableton Support
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your mail. As you're using a multiple operating systems on the same computer, we're happy for you to have a third authorization for this setup. I've just updated your account and you'll be able to authorize again.

So, it appears that having it installed on two OS's on the same computer does count as two separate installations/authorizations. It's great to see how accommodating Ableton is, though! Kudos to them!
TranceLover007
Thank you Dave for good info.
cryophonik
quote:
Originally posted by TranceLover007
Thank you Dave for good info.

No problemo! :gsmile:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement