return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 
Roll Call: Mark Farina @ Ritual Ottawa Nov. 21. 2009
View this Thread in Original format
DJ Eterno
There!
Spin Laden
how was it?
otown Matt
honestly, one of my best nights in ottawa ever.

The mushroom jazz was cool to chill to while having some drinks before hand, but the downstairs doesn't have the biggest dancing area.

He finished downstairs at 12 and within 15 minutes the whole bar had basically migrated upstairs with him. Balu was doin a good job openin, and then Farina just blew me away.

I couldn't stop dancing. Upbeat, fun, fresh, soulful jazzy house at its best. Wikked samples like only Farina can. The crowd was not sketchy, more just a drunk, wannna party and dance crowd. Not the usual Ottawa crowd for sure.

My only regret is having to leave at 2:15 to drive to stereo, but that was worth it to catch some of Grondin before D-Formation destroyed ((( ))).

Best night in a long time.

I hope Danny Torrence is that busy this Friday, but I highly doubt Ottawa will represent as much for that.
Mrs Haus
quote:
Originally posted by otown Matt
I hope Danny Torrence is that busy this Friday, but I highly doubt Ottawa will represent as much for that.

Danny Torrence is going to be in Ottawa this Friday??
otown Matt
yuppers ... at ritual

http://img.xvi.com/events/large/fl_...eujtc_large.jpg
Spin Laden
quote:
Originally posted by otown Matt
honestly, one of my best nights in ottawa ever.

The mushroom jazz was cool to chill to while having some drinks before hand, but the downstairs doesn't have the biggest dancing area.

He finished downstairs at 12 and within 15 minutes the whole bar had basically migrated upstairs with him. Balu was doin a good job openin, and then Farina just blew me away.

I couldn't stop dancing. Upbeat, fun, fresh, soulful jazzy house at its best. Wikked samples like only Farina can. The crowd was not sketchy, more just a drunk, wannna party and dance crowd. Not the usual Ottawa crowd for sure.

My only regret is having to leave at 2:15 to drive to stereo, but that was worth it to catch some of Grondin before D-Formation destroyed ((( ))).

Best night in a long time.

good review, thanks. Farina, Dimas and Grondin in one evening :eyespop:
DJ Eterno
finally getting around to writing a blurb about the night. got there around 12:30 and the club was somewhat packed. was kind of upset i didnt catch his mushroom jazz set upstairs. i think the venue is total garbage. no decor what so ever. just one circlular light spinning on the left side of club lol. balu is a total goon by the way lol. every time i see this guy spin he's way to hammered to do what he is supposed to do. i noticed quite a few train wrecks. when farina was coming on, balu was removing his laptop and so on and manage to cut the music at least 5 times. i kinda noticed that farina was like "who's this goof". i thought the crowd was a little shady as well. but who cares.

musically it was just what i was expecting. farina has a pretty unique style from all the other dj's playing this type of house. so many elements in one set. everything from jazz to even hip hop lyrics over a beat. the best tracks (even though i wasnt able to ID them) were the bass thumping, chi-town jack style i've grown to love so much. farina is a pretty cool guy as well. very down to earth. surprised he didnt get annoyed at all the groupies trying to take photos every 2 seconds. but anyways, as i said before its about time we get a booking like this in ottawa. good turn out as well. next in line should be DJ HEATHER! i didnt like ritual but i'll make the sacrifice if she shows up lol.
RayRayy
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Eterno
balu is a total goon by the way lol. every time i see this guy spin he's way to hammered to do what he is supposed to do. i noticed quite a few train wrecks. when farina was coming on, balu was removing his laptop and so on and manage to cut the music at least 5 times.

The place is crap!! As for Balu..thats nothing new..he's alwasys red faced behind decks..not that he's shy but he's always loaded!!
zeKsg
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Eterno
he-she shows up lol.

fixt

where the were you at victor calderone nightÉÉÉÉ Wacking it to dj feather*cough*heatherÉ

Now that was a party to remember.
WittyHandle
quote:
Originally posted by zeKsg
fixt

where the were you at victor calderone nightÉÉÉÉ Wacking it to dj feather*cough*heatherÉ

Methinks you confuse DJ Heather with Miss Honey Dijon.

One of my favorite Stereo memories was Mark Farina ending an all night sesh with 2 hours of Mushroom Jazz. They dropped the lights to low, deep red and I just got lost in my mind. Amazing.

DJ Eterno
lol im boycotting all non-chi house events! where were you choke artist?

quote:
fixt

Spin Laden
quote:
fixt

how was that VC party? I can't rely on Haus to do such reviews, too much Hunter S Thompson going on :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement