return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Hey, celibacy does rock!
View this Thread in Original format
Lira

According to Sir Isaac Newton,
being a celibate was his greatest
achievement. No one else agreed.
Yeah, yeah, I know. Sex is healthy, natural, religion has always done its best to make bonking look bad (so if you hate religion, chances are you hate that too), and if we were all to embrace celibacy, the world population would die off before we could worry about the whole climate change thing. Yet, here I am, writing a thread praising celibacy.

People seem to be very interested about the things others are (not) doing in the privacy of their bedrooms (and sometimes quite pathologically so). Therefore, a thread about celibacy should be able to gather quite a few interesting discussions, I imagine. But, what is it?

By celibacy, I mean the choice not to get any. Naturally, volition in this case can be tricky: A hideous creature that fails to find a partner and develops a spiteful attitude towards sex can hardly be said to be doing it because he wants to. Yet, I'd say that's a choice. If you fail to recognise your hideousness, you may end up finding someone willing to bond with you, even if there's a financial transaction included in the process. If you're really that lousy with women, education can help you nowadays. There's no excuse, really.

If you can't, however, engage in sexual activities because you lack the necessary equipment to do so, then this is not a matter of choice. I can't fly without wings - not matter how many pigeons I kick, my hatred of winged creatures cannot change the fact that my body restricts my freedom to reach for the sky. It's a hopeless enterprise, even if I try. This is the only possible excuse I can think of.

Kant also took his cherry to
his grave. He thought it was
wrong to have a wank as well.

He looks very cheerful, huh?
There are several reasons why one may choose celibacy. There's always the religious factor: both in Europe (and it's former colonies), and in Asia, clerics refrained from getting some because it would lead them astray or something of that sort. This is analogous to sublimation in general: if you need to focus on something, all the sexual tension can be channelled into something more useful like... well, you name it! Brazilian football players were usually forbidden to 'ave it before important matches, because it was supposed to distract them or something. Chastity probably can achieve a similar result: if you save enough energy for "the one", you're probably going to hit it like Thor's hammer... though, as usual, you can always end up failing miserably (apparently, some people think this is the norm, though I beg to differ). Sir Isaac Newton, for example, did it out of piety. Immanuel Kant, as far as I remember, didn't want to be in a relationship before he could make a living... and he lived a rather difficult life until late in his life.

Now, why am I posting this thread? Well, as some of you probably remember, I've been in a(n awfully) long distance relationship for more than a year now... and I haven't had to worry about anything remotely related to romantic affairs for a while now. It rocks!

Dem RPG geeks is always looking for mana. Pfftt...
I'ma get all the unused lurve I can and when my
druid reaches level 35 tap dat hermana's ass!
During this time I've turned into an asexual creature, my life improved wonders. I've been working out at the gym for a couple of hours every day, and my body looks better than ever. I'm about to read my 50th book this year, and I'm doing great at work. I feel like my productivity has skyrocketed (reason why it's been a while since I last posted a thread like this), and I'm so happy it's downright annoying at times.

I sometimes do feel like doing it, but I can barely feel attracted to anyone at all: I sometimes bump into a flirty friend and end up being forced to notice my idleness, but then I realised I'm not really attracted to her or anything, and though I can also feel my hormones kicking in, I come back down rather quickly. So far, so good.

But,

What are your views on celibacy? What's the longest you've gone without a banging session after you were first introduced to this peculiar ritual? How happy (or miserable) were you during your "time out"?
Domesticated
This will be more one-sided than a Kismet thread.
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by Domesticated
This will be more one-sided than a Kismet thread.

Kis... met? I went to Wikipedia and all I found was this:
quote:
Fate or Destiny in Turkish, a predetermined course of events, from Persian qismat, from Arabic qisma, lot, from qasama, to divide, allot; see qsm in Semitic roots. A key principle in Islam.

:conf:
Silky Johnson
I think sex is over rated.
Nrg2Nfinit
4 years.. oh and im a hideous creature.
EricB.
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
I think sex is over rated.

sex is totally over rated. its good. but sooo much in work for like 10 secs of yayy. id rather do coke and jerk off on a homeless person whos sleeping on a vent grate
Nrg2Nfinit
quote:
Originally posted by EricB.
sex is totally over rated. its good. but sooo much in work for like 10 secs of yayy. id rather do coke and jerk off on a homeless person whos sleeping on a vent grate

amen..
Ygrene
Looking back, I would gladly forgo my first two sexual encounters. I was comfortably celibate before and would now like to have remained so if I could do it (or not do it, rather) again.
R!CH
10 seconds huh...

what's your trick???
yukii
i think one can still focus on things like school, working out, or having your own personal time to read a book even if you're in a relationship (non long-distance)..

im sure we could all control our sexual desires, but i think it truly depends on the person (duh) to choose celibacy. i don't see much profit in abstaining from sex when im in a monogamous strong relationship. maybe im just a horny girl. but, i just prefer having sex. it may be over rated but it's good for the body, the mind, and the close bond between you and your partner.

those who choose celibacy, good for them!! :gsmile:

EricB.
quote:
Originally posted by R!CH
10 seconds huh...

what's your trick???

by 10 secs i mean from time of orgasm to time my mood changes and im disgusted by the woman looking back at me with a cum running down her chin
Rose
Speak for yourself Lira.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement