return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Waking up with a jolt to a sitting position
View this Thread in Original format
Cloudburst
Have you ever in your life done this? :o

Why does movies insist on making this? I remember Sopranos doing it right at least.

/random

good night
tubularbills
yes. and i hate it.
Lews
Not only have I done that, but I've also woken up and jumped right out of bed.

It happens.
Tom Smykowski
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudburst

Why does movies insist on making this? I remember Sopranos doing it right at least.

In the early days of motion pictures the cameras and projectors were not very good and small details like fingernails, eyes, arms etc. would often be blurry.

During the editing of The New Pupil director Edward Cahn noticed that an entire scene involving Juanita Quigley waking up made no sense since one couldn't see if she had her eyes closed or not.

They had to come up with something quick and Julian Fazan, editor Adrienne Fazan's cousin, actually gave Cahn the idea that actually won him the award for Best Unique and Artistic Quality of Production in the 1913 Academy Awards.
aNYthing
quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Not only have I done that, but I've also woken up and jumped right out of bed.

It happens.

yup..

Chris Crossland
Happened to me a lot in bootcamp.

A guy a couple racks down actually jumped out of bed clenched both of the bed rails and screamed like he was being stabbed. So ing freaky.
Arbiter
No. I think the fastest I've got to a sitting position after waking is around 20 seconds. I don't know if I'll ever be able to match that herculean effort again though.
Joss Weatherby
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Crossland
Happened to me a lot in bootcamp.

A guy a couple racks down actually jumped out of bed clenched both of the bed rails and screamed like he was being stabbed. So ing freaky.

DONT BEAT HIM WITH A DUFFLE BAG FULL OF SOAP BARS THE NIGHT PRIOR!!! :rolleyes:

:p
Cloudburst
What kind of ed up nightmares do you people have to wake up like that? :wtf:
Acton
quote:
What kind of ed up nightmares do you people have to wake up like that? :wtf:

Really disturbing ones :nervous:.

I wouldn't say this happens to me often, but I have woken up like this on many occasions.

stren
quote:
Have you ever in your life done this? :o

/random

good night

don't forget about the gasp
Cloudburst
I guess I should feel lucky to never have nightmares like that? :conf: Haven't had a nightmare since I was a little kid and had fever.

Asked my friends about this and no one had experienced this either.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement