return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.

Guitar Center Recording Tip Of The Day (featuring my brother)
View this Thread in Original format
rabbitjoker

My younger brother is a recording engineer/producer in LA working woth many major artists. He has worked with Rob Zombie, John 5, Tommy Lee, Adam Freeland, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many other major composers and performers (both rock & roll music and non [country, techno, pop]).

He is currently working on an album with Tommy Lee (www.thepublicrecord.com) and as a part of the album he has decided to work with Guitar Center (America's largest music store) to develop a series of YouTube videos to provide advice and guidance to producers and engineers on how to record, produce and engineer live rock music.

I know most people here don't create this type of music but some of the principles can still be used to create great music regardless of genre.

Check out this URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAUYXIo1rX8
Nearly all of the "Related Videos" at that URL are of my brother providing advice on how to product/engineer live sound.

There are some great tidbits of information in these videos - if you are at all interested in creating music or how music is created, consider watching many of the vidoes.

He will be updating the official channel frequently. I hope the info is of value to those who create and record music. :)

All of his videos are here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_li...FF8C132543D04B5
msz
i am tiesto now, thank you.
VDub
I love how you snuck Adam K in with those rock stars...

I will watch these video's...
rabbitjoker
quote:
Originally posted by VDub
I love how you snuck Adam Freeland in with those rock stars...

*edited
mr. poopyhead
very useful stuff! thanks for sharing!
rulzz
very useful indeed !
DJ Mach X
Where is the dolby button on the 800?
StereoPrincess
he is such a cutie!!
Cuzo
Super awesome.
*~LiSa-LoO~*