return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas

Pages: [1] 2 
What do you think will be the song of NYE at Midnight?
View this Thread in Original format
DJ IDeaL
I remember back in NYE Together as One 2000 almost every stage at midnight dropped Daft Punk.

Two years ago I believe was Justice's 'We Are Your Friends' track...

this year?
Kismet7
Something by Lady Gaga hopefully, i'm big screaming fan if that happens.
scatterbrain
@ Giant Maximus with S&D, they also dropped "We Are Your Friends." The next year @ TAO S$D dropped some Prydz track. IMO, they should've dropped something that was BANGING cuz those tracks were like blah... After all, it is the ing new year and everyone expects something banging.. I'll be @ Avalon this year and am looking forward to Lawler bumping out a banging track for the new year. And as far as your question is concerned, I have no idea.
DaveT
If I was a main act playing a midnight slot at a huge event, I'd do my own edit to a track and give it my own visuals/countown (would request DVDJ, or have Video coming out of Ableton) with a voice counting down or something leading to a huge buildup that peaks right right at midnight and then blow the roof off.

I've yet to encounter a countown that peaked, or set off the crowd at just the right time. Sure everyone cheers when the clock strikes midnight, but it could be so much of a bigger moment.
bas
Depends on where you go.

Dave, a couple years ago at Giant Village in downtown Digweed made some kidn of edit of Guy Gerber's stoppage time that included a countdown and something like "Giant Village, are you ready to launch?" vocal. It was...pretty ing cool :D
Clovis
quote:
Originally posted by bas
Depends on where you go.

Dave, a couple years ago at Giant Village in downtown Digweed made some kidn of edit of Guy Gerber's stoppage time that included a countdown and something like "Giant Village, are you ready to launch?" vocal. It was...pretty ing cool :D

Yeah that was recorded and aired on transitions too, that was sick.

Perfect countdown track too.

I can't believe anyone would see Sander K after the dog performance that was his NYE 05/06 set
DaveT
Wasn't there, but that's what I'm talking about. Something made for NYE. And not a DJ playing a track and then the facilities controlling the countdown. It's nearly impossible to get everything synced up nicely between a visual countdown and the audio. If the DJ can control both, though, then that gives him flexibility. If he ends up hitting 0 a minute early or a minute later, who cares. Hopefully everyone is paying attention to the music more than their wath.
DjWoody
quote:
Originally posted by DaveT
If I was a main act playing a midnight slot at a huge event, I'd do my own edit to a track and give it my own visuals/countown (would request DVDJ, or have Video coming out of Ableton) with a voice counting down or something leading to a huge buildup that peaks right right at midnight and then blow the roof off.

I've yet to encounter a countown that peaked, or set off the crowd at just the right time. Sure everyone cheers when the clock strikes midnight, but it could be so much of a bigger moment.

I did that last year, and I'm doing it again this year.
system-7
aw man!, your serious? Holy... how about a real EDM artist.

quote:
Originally posted by Kismet7
Something by Lady Gaga hopefully, i'm big screaming fan if that happens.
manatsu
Last year at Tao it was the Obama count down I. Followed by a live performance of...I don't remember who.

They should have a remix of Felix Navida :) oh wait thats for xmas.

KarenLuvs2Party
i don't know about THE song for NYE...but i wouldnt be surprised at midnight for TaO..itll be "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night"
civicstyle2003
I hope to hear some gangzta rAp 4 nYE
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement