return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Odyssey 2010 review
View this Thread in Original format
philou123
Hey guys!

What were your thoughts on last night's crazy NYE party? I was there with 2 buddies from 11:45pm until around 8am when Gareth came off. We all had a great time even if we started running out of gas a bit towards the end.

The place wasn't really as tightly packed as I thought it was going to be (pretty sure a whole bunch of people left around 4-5) and it wasn't really too hot. The trance room looked great with the decorations and the laser.

I actually really enjoyed Omar's set and he definitely got us fired up right as we came in. It was pretty crazy how much energy was in the room during the last hour of his set (good first hour of 2010!!)

Then Wippenberg came on, I had never seen him live so I didn't know what to expect, and I found his set a little too housy for my tastes. Of course he dropped a few bombs (the remix of MGMT - Kids he played was a nice surprise!) which was awesome.

Finally the man himself, Gareth Emery, came on for his 4 hour set. His set was a good journey between house, trance, tech-trance, progressive and there was quite a bit variety to it ("the sound of Garuda"). But it was definitely more "banging" and less trancey than when I saw him in Vancouver, but then again that was a 2 hour set. I've been listening to his podcasts for a long time and he played a lot of songs that I couldn't recognize at all.. anyone felt the same?

Here are the songs I remember him playing, in no particular order..

Gaia - Tuvan (Gareth Emery remix)
Ferry Corsten - Twice in a blue moon
Gareth Emery - Exposure
Gareth Emery vs Delirium - This is silence
Be:Gold - Sunstroke
Ashley Wallbridge & Andy Moor - Faces (even if i knew for sure he was gonna play it, definitely a highlight)
A remix of Wippenberg - Chakalaka
Ali Wilson - Boombox
Sander Van Doorn - Ninety
Tiesto, Lange, Moor & Komytea - Lethal Stadium Four (Emery re-edit)
Super8 & Tab - Elektra (wowww)
OceanLab vs. Gareth Emery - On A Metropolis Day

I totally thought he was keeping his new track "I will be the same" for last, and was a bit bummed out he didn't play it. I'm guessing he didn't want to slow it down too much before Arnej came on? Thoughts?

Feel free to add to the tracklist to help me piece the night together :)
philou123
Oh and if I remember correctly he played Dash Berlin ft. Emma Hewitt - Waiting and I went nuts!!
sonic monkey
Wow, this was a legendary party !!! I got there at around 2h30 and damn ... the place was packed. The lasers was a nice touch and the ventilation was forgiving. I saw alot of new faces and some odd out- of-place people but at around 5h00, the real party began and the crowd was perfect. Regarding the music, I thought that Wippenberg was alright. He's sort of a loose cannon. He played a mixed set. It felt more like house then trance. At times, he played a lot of hard stuff but then he would also fit in some cheesy vocal tracks. Overall, I felt his set was inconsistent and it lacked flow. Imo, his last set at Circus was much better then last night's. Now, regarding Gareth Emery's set, what can I say... he destroyed the place. I was skeptical about the idea that he would play better then the last two times he came but I was dead wrong. For the first two hours, he started with some techy and housy tracks but after 6h00, he started to increase his bpm and made everyone go nuts. He played loads of tracks that people recognized like exposure, Metropolis, Twice in a blue moon, this is silence, lethal industry vs Stadium four, chimera, kiss me here, mistral :eyespop: , on a good day .....
He also played tons of tracks I couldn't ID and that really made my night. His mixing and transition skills was amazing. Unlike last time he came, he properly finished his set. I stayed a bit for Arnej but I had to leave because I was really tired. I wouldn't say that this was the best trance party I experienced at Circus but it was certaintly the best Gareth Emery night. I hope Gareth doesn't turn commercial in the future and I hope he continues to play his unique sound/style of trance.
Knight
quote:
Originally posted by philou123

Here are the songs I remember him playing, in no particular order..

Gaia - Tuvan (Gareth Emery remix)
Ferry Corsten - Twice in a blue moon
Gareth Emery - Exposure
Gareth Emery vs Delirium - This is silence
Be:Gold - Sunstroke
Ashley Wallbridge & Andy Moor - Faces (even if i knew for sure he was gonna play it, definitely a highlight)
A remix of Wippenberg - Chakalaka
Ali Wilson - Boombox
Sander Van Doorn - Ninety
Tiesto, Lange, Moor & Komytea - Lethal Stadium Four (Emery re-edit)
Super8 & Tab - Elektra (wowww)
OceanLab vs. Gareth Emery - On A Metropolis Day

You can add these :

Ashley Wallbridge - Chimera
Jerome Isma-Ae - Hold That Sucker Down (played 3 times during the night)
Myon & Shane54 - Vampire (Gareth Emery Remix)
Paul van Dyk - Nothing But You (Super8 & Tab Remix)
Filo & Peri feat. Aruna - Ashley (Alex M.O.R.P.H. Remix)
Greg Downey - Global Code
Activa - Transmission
Gareth Emery - More Than Anything (Stoneface & Terminal Remix)
GTR - Mistral
Dash Berlin - Waiting
Boom Jinx & Jaytech - Milano
Paul Webster feat. Angelic Amanda - Time (Sean Tyas Remix)
Southside Spinners - Luvstruck 2010 (Filthy Rich remix)
Marco V feat. Jonathan Mendelsohn - Coming Back (Nic Chagall remix)
Tritonal vs Vast Vision - Kiss Me @ Luminosity (Emery edit)
M.I.K.E. Presents Plastic Boy - Chocolate Infusion
Tritonal - Suede (Stoneface & Terminal remix - Tritonal edit)
Sean Tyas - Tingle ???
cmccann87
Thank you Circus and Gereth wow ..... Compared to resolution this was a ingggggggg Partay :D :eyes: Btw who was the bald dj in the house room ?
Delroy
quote:
Originally posted by cmccann87
Thank you Circus and Gereth wow ..... Compared to resolution this was a ingggggggg Partay :D :eyes: Btw who was the bald dj in the house room ?

Saeed Younan
Fran666
quote:
Originally posted by Delroy
Saeed Younan

when he camed on, i thought the walls of the room were going to implode on us. One of the best house sets i've heard.

Thanks everyone for making this a memorable night :)
Fran666
quote:
Originally posted by sonic monkey
I wouldn't say that this was the best trance party I experienced at Circus but it was certaintly the best Gareth Emery night.

which was your favorite night... i'm curious.
Fran666
Countdown @ Circus

sonic monkey
quote:
Originally posted by Fran666
which was your favorite night... i'm curious.

My favorite night was with Leon Bolier. I know it sounds a bit weird because they were so many other wild trance nights at Circus but this one takes the cake for me.

r6CLUBflexx
AHHHHMAZING night gareth and wuppenberg knocked my socks off as well as the house djs.

Thanks for the tracklist, was this recorded at all?

he also played sia-buttons(coldharbour remix)
Marcus007
my favorite tranceformer night was leon bolier too... followed closely behind by Simon Patterson... and then Jerome Ismae... my least favorite was Jonas Steur and Marcus Shossow (but they still did a great job)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement