return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York

does anyone remember liquid sky?
View this Thread in Original format
Dj_MadirozE
a little history

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIQUID SKY WAS BORN IN BRAZIL IN 1986 AS A COSMETIC COMPANY.
IT MOVED TO NYC IN 1988 AND OPENED THE FIRST SO-CALLED RAVE EMPORIUM IN AMERICA.
DJ'S, PERFORMERS, DANCERS, MC'S, SINGERS,AND ACTORS WOULD GATHER INSIDE LIQUID SKY
FOR A DECADE AND HELPED BUILD THE SO-CALLED ELECTRONIC SCENE IN NEW YORK AND ALL OVER AMERICA.
LIQUID SKY MUSIC WAS FOUNDED IN 1992 AND IN 1993 PRODUCED AND RELEASED
THE FIRST JUNGLE TRACK IN THE U.S. 'JUNGLE LIQUID SKY/ETHIOPIA'
AFTER SEPTEMBER 11 2001, LIQUID SKY CLOSED THE NYC STORE AND HAS BEEN RELOCATED IN SAO PAULO, BRAZIL.
DJ SOUL SLINGER AND FAMILY STILL LIVE IN THE U.S. AND MAINTAIN THE SPIRIT OF LIQUID SKY.

my mom took me here when i was 13 i picked up my first edm cd here...(happy hardcore lmaoooo)
euphoria
Never heard of it...but I don't listen to happy hardcore or jungle lol

But I do remember this Liquid Sky :clown:

Dj_MadirozE
z..its funny that u bring up kai.....i was tryin 2 throw kai and mr.ellrich nyc like 3 years ago.

fail

we should get kai tracid ova here asap

some bangin tech
yumpop
I am actually still good friends with Carlos(Soulslinger). He is mostly in Brasil now but returns. If you friend Liquid Sky on fb, he is about to open a new online store with great merch. They also added an ap with Astro Girl(I gifted it to a bunch of TAs) and are adding more items to gift. Most people don't know about Liquid Sky unless they were going out a long time ago or heavy into D&B. The store was amazing and I still have a few shirts from there. If you know Pete D, while on his South America travels, I am sending him to see them in a few weeks. I think it's great you brought it up. Liquid Sky was an integral part of the EDM scene here in the 90's. It influenced so many people, not just for D&B but for other genres too. Great post!
ReenTeenTeen
Liquid Sky brings back memories. They had some of the most legendary outlaw raves around NYC but their parties inside the Brooklyn Bridge ramp were my absolute favorite venue to hit at the time. If I was a Muslim, I'd trade one of "after-death" camels to party there again ))))
Dj_MadirozE
quote:
Originally posted by yumpop
I am actually still good friends with Carlos(Soulslinger). He is mostly in Brasil now but returns. If you friend Liquid Sky on fb, he is about to open a new online store with great merch. They also added an ap with Astro Girl(I gifted it to a bunch of TAs) and are adding more items to gift. Most people don't know about Liquid Sky unless they were going out a long time ago or heavy into D&B. The store was amazing and I still have a few shirts from there. If you know Pete D, while on his South America travels, I am sending him to see them in a few weeks. I think it's great you brought it up. Liquid Sky was an integral part of the EDM scene here in the 90's. It influenced so many people, not just for D&B but for other genres too. Great post!

there was also jungle sky which was on st marks...a dark basement with amazing records...liquid sky had such a great clothing line...i still have flyers from there parties like fantasia...countdown series etc.....
euphoria
quote:
Originally posted by Dj_MadirozE
there was also jungle sky which was on st marks...a dark basement with amazing records...liquid sky had such a great clothing line...i still have flyers from there parties like fantasia...countdown series etc.....

Ok, now that you said Fantasia... I do remember them ;)
Dj_MadirozE
quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
Ok, now that you said Fantasia... I do remember them ;)

was too young to go to any of those parties...the flyers were amazing....ng storm rave lmao
paulnahm
ahhh...i vividly remember the shop on lafayette.

those were fun, young and innocent times.
xcubed
I still have my white long sleeve LSD t-shirt. :)

Dj_MadirozE
http://www.zazzle.com/carlossoulslinger/astrogirl+gifts
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement