return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
so, you've been having some trouble finishing a tune...
View this Thread in Original format
jupiterone
so you go about your normal routine, open up logic, put together some samples, do some chopping. you end up working only around 15 minutes and you like what you're hearing, alot! (please remember you haven't been able to progress a track more than 30 seconds for the past two months) you know, it's sounding awesome, EXACTLY what you had in mind. so ya know, you're working, you EQ that drum loop you just did and you go to file > save as, just in case you wanna add anything else to it and POOOOOOOF!!!!

"LOGIC PRO HAS UNEXPECTEDLY QUIT, IT SHOULD JUST WORK"

so you open up logic again, you're praying it was backed-up, because 70% of the time logic will actually back up a lost project in case of a crash. BUT HEY! NOOOO BACKUP! it's okay, you've become very used to this behavior

i have no idea what samples i used, how i chopped them or arranged them. right now i'm drowning my soul in a bottle of whiskey

you leopard
ReclusNdangrmnt
We don't care, finish Sway. :p
Nightshift
Windows XP for life
DJ Robby Rox
Yeh it happens to the best of us.

But I guarantee you're hyping the track up in your head JUST BECAUSE its gone forever now.
I seem to go through a phase a lot where when I start a new track, and if it sounds just decent, I tell myself "this is the best track I've ever made", when realistically, after another 30mins or so, I get bored as with it.

I'm sure it was a great track, but sometimes we play headgames with ourselves like that, and chances are you would have hated it if logic didn't delete it for you.
Fledz
I just can't finish. I work for 3-4 hours on a track and it's sounding awesome.

I eventually save it and come back to it later. Well no, that's the problem. I never really come back to it and never finish :(
henryv
quote:
Originally posted by jupiterone
so you go about your normal routine, open up logic, put together some samples, do some chopping. you end up working only around 15 minutes and you like what you're hearing, alot! (please remember you haven't been able to progress a track more than 30 seconds for the past two months) you know, it's sounding awesome, EXACTLY what you had in mind. so ya know, you're working, you EQ that drum loop you just did and you go to file > save as, just in case you wanna add anything else to it and POOOOOOOF!!!!

"LOGIC PRO HAS UNEXPECTEDLY QUIT, IT SHOULD JUST WORK"

so you open up logic again, you're praying it was backed-up, because 70% of the time logic will actually back up a lost project in case of a crash. BUT HEY! NOOOO BACKUP! it's okay, you've become very used to this behavior

i have no idea what samples i used, how i chopped them or arranged them. right now i'm drowning my soul in a bottle of whiskey

you leopard

that sucks so much man !! it's happened to me plenty of times! i had the to learn the same way you did. I started backing up everything after every session. no buts
kitphillips
Don't be stupid, macs don't crash.
palm
Reason never crash, not on XP, not on Mac. Perfect prog.
DJ_Rafnel
I use Live 8 however and usually it backs up as well if anything crashes. Still, saving every 5-10 min is crucial in my opinion. Ive learned my lesson from losing hours worth of work in the past.

My suggestion...make a sticky note reminding you to save. Stick it to your monitor.
Decoder
I've never used logic pro, gots tonnes of unfinished projects for free give away..

btw, drum machines are awesome!

echosystm
I thought Macs were supposed to just work?

:conf:
floyd741
quote:
Originally posted by jupiterone
open up logic

there's your problem
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement