return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
S.F Recommendations
View this Thread in Original format
yukii
Soon I'm buying my ticket to visit San Francisco with Nathan for my birthday in September. I'd like to know (those of you who have visited SF) which are the best places to visit- any hot spots, beautiful attractions, must-go restaurants, epic clubs, fun sports, etc.

Thanks in advance :p
LAdazeNYnights
check out amoeba records! (i'm sure it's not the best place in SF for EDM records, etc but it's an awesome music store / more indie-oriented i suppose, but such an awesome place) and there's a lot of awesome stuff nearby too. also, see who's playing at ruby skye when you're around! and, from my visits, i love the golden gate park.
R!CH
where to begin... let's start with some dates and interests
yukii
quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
check out amoeba records! (i'm sure it's not the best place in SF for EDM records, etc but it's an awesome music store / more indie-oriented i suppose, but such an awesome place) and there's a lot of awesome stuff nearby too. also, see who's playing at ruby skye when you're around! and, from my visits, i love the golden gate park.

thanks! :D im def going to the golden gate park.

@R!ICH - im planning from the 3 - 6th sept.
igottaknow
bring lots of spare change for the homeless
Ania_xox
Go to the house from Full House!!

and take pics
R!CH
is there any flexibility with that date? only because the best weekend to visit sf is the first weekend of october when the weather is warm and the lovevolution festival touches down. if not, there will still be much to do around then, just not outrageous partying on the scale of wmc.

hot spots: union square for shopping, dolores park for chillin, fisherman's wharf for touristing, at&t park for baseball

beautiful attractions: view from twin peaks, golden gate park, presidio, crissy field, golden gate bridge from slacker hill, civic center plaza, alamo square, telegraph hill, aquatic park, downtown/soma, marina district, china beach, lands end, lake merced, baker beach

food: mission district for mexican, sunset district for asian, north beach for italian, actually it would just be easier if you used yelp to find good spots to eat because there are over 1000 restaurants within this small 7 by 7 mile city and it would take me forever to point out my favorites. if you narrow it down, i may be able to give you recommendations

epic clubs: really depends on your taste in music, but endup is a popular one. it's the oldest club in sf and it's open 24/7 on the weekends. kontrol, which is the first saturday of the month, is the best party there. if you're more into touristy clubs, ruby skye is popular one. if you're into underground parties, well that's what sf is known for, but we keep the locations secret until the night of.

fun sports: if you're going to golden gate park, there's an 18-hole frisbee golf course on the richmond side, kite boarding and windsurfing around the bridge is popular, if you want to surf waves, half moon bay is only 20 miles down the coast. riding bicycles is the best way to get around town, there's tons of people who rent them to tourists.

there's a lot of directions you can take this trip, right now it's way too far down the road for me to give you details on any festivals coming to town, but you will be in town during the tail end of festival season.
LeopoldStotch
a couple i can name on the top of my head are:

ocean beach - nice area. the beach doesn't look as sandy, but if the waves are good, you'll see a good number of surfers catching the waves. nice view.

fisherman's wharf - tourist trap. nice area.

any one of the random wineries. san francisco has a bunch of them, and if you drive about 30-40 minutes out of san fran, you'll see more.
R!CH
ocean beach is very cold and windy. the waves are pretty weak for surfing which is why noobs practice there. if you want real waves you have to take highway 1 past shelter cove. fisherman's wharf is kind of a waste of time, but i listed it as a hot spot because there's always a ton of people there. if you want to do the alcatraz boat tour, that's where you go. if it's a nice clear day it might not be a bad idea. the view of sf from alzatraz or even treasure island is pretty nice on a sunny day. there aren't any wineries in sf proper, but there are a ton of wine tasting places, some hotels even offer free wine tasting, but the world-famous wineries are about an hour north in napa valley. if you're into wine it's a great day trip for couples.
couch-potato
Union Square. D0 it.

yukii
Wow, thanks so much for all the information gaiz! :toocool:

R!CH, you seem to know A LOT, when the dates get closer, if i have further questions i'll send you a PM with details ;) im definitely concerned on hostels because I've read several reviews & the majority seem to have bed bugs :conf:
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by yukii
Wow, thanks so much for all the information gaiz! :toocool:

R!CH, you seem to know A LOT, when the dates get closer, if i have further questions i'll send you a PM with details ;) im definitely concerned on hostels because I've read several reviews & the majority seem to have bed bugs :conf:

It's your birthday, spring for a hotel :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement