return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Anyone work in radio communications or done stuff with RFI?
View this Thread in Original format
Joss Weatherby
We finally got a big break with the communications architecture in ArmA2 and we are ready to start implementing realistic military radio networks.

We are looking to start with basic stuff, and one of the basics is radio frequency interference (RFI) and how it affects the distance and quality of radio use.

Specifically we are looking at things like terrain mainly and how it relates to power levels and the effects on broadcasting, including the reception of digital and analog signals. Of course the simulation at the start will be fairly basic, we are only looking at general physical interference and not things like the type of material that is interfering. Mainly we are going to look at three things to judge how the signal is interfered. Those things are power level, frequency, and the terrain altitudes between broadcaster and receiver.

Since there seems to be a ton of smart people on this site that have helped me in the past, I was wondering if anyone has any technical knowledge on this or can point me in the right direction in figuring out how to model this sort of thing. :)
FuzzQi
Your thread makes me feel like this pic

Sushipunk
bas
I know a lot about RFI*. PM me.
Joss Weatherby
quote:
Originally posted by bas
I know a lot about RFI*. PM me.

:wtf:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement