return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2010

Pages: [1] 2 
Lost ID getting temporary wont be ready till after WMC HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!
View this Thread in Original format
The House Rocka
Hey guys, somehow I misplaced my ID. I am pretty sure I lost it at the gym. Called the dmv, going today to get a temporary. It will have a picture on it and whatever info the dps gives. It's been a while since I have had to apply for a new one. DMV told me fsa accepts them for travel but what about the clubs in miami? If I have my temporary and birth certificate you think I will be okay? Has anyone had this experience? I'm 25 so its not like I just turned 21 but I do look kinda young. Please let me know, even if its bad news I want to prepare.

Thanks
bigsnail
do you have a passport?
Acton
quote:
Originally posted by The House Rocka
Hey guys, somehow I misplaced my ID. I am pretty sure I lost it at the gym. Called the dmv, going today to get a temporary. It will have a picture on it and whatever info the dps gives. It's been a while since I have had to apply for a new one. DMV told me fsa accepts them for travel but what about the clubs in miami? If I have my temporary and birth certificate you think I will be okay? Has anyone had this experience? I'm 25 so its not like I just turned 21 but I do look kinda young. Please let me know, even if its bad news I want to prepare.

Thanks

You need one of these...

epdarks
i had the same thing happen to me one year. i ended up getting an id from the dmv, not a drivers lisense, just idenfication. had to bring in my birth cert and ss card and i was in/out in 15 mins w/ an id in hand. never got questioned at any club.
drEamer
in wisconsin, u can just walk in and get it done that day......not all states are like that tho
The House Rocka
quote:
Originally posted by epdarks
i had the same thing happen to me one year. i ended up getting an id from the dmv, not a drivers lisense, just idenfication. had to bring in my birth cert and ss card and i was in/out in 15 mins w/ an id in hand. never got questioned at any club.

the ID card they mail out.... it takes 2-3 weeks. They will give me a temporary one which is that print out with your picture on it. I have an expired passport with my picture on it. So will they accept that if I cannot get physical card?
bigsnail
i know for sure they'll except a passport if its valid. my ex g/f had to use her's in miami a few years ago. take all that ...passport(even if its expired), temp id, ss card, birth certificate, dna, hair and piss samples, first born child, etc etc
DPetey81
quote:
Originally posted by drEamer
in wisconsin, u can just walk in and get it done that day......not all states are like that tho

yeah, I thought most states were like this. Here, we just go in to the dmv, tell them we lost our id, pay maybe $30, and bam.... new license. We also have the id card, too. Same scenario.

Anthing that's got your picture and age on it, the club will accept. If the FSA accepts it, than any club will. Somebody would maybe give you a fuss about an expired form of id, but that might work, too.
pstation
Just get a passport...if you're in WI, you can run down to the passport center in chicago and they can issue a new passport in just 3 hours.
Cool1g
quote:
the ID card they mail out.... it takes 2-3 weeks. They will give me a temporary one which is that print out with your picture on it. I have an expired passport with my picture on it. So will they accept that if I cannot get physical card?

technically they don't have to accept an expired passport, but i think if you have both that and the temp ID you probably won't have any issues...

the closer to under-21 you look the more problems you'll probably encounter...

inshaneMembrane
quote:

They over-estimate.. When i lost my ID, they also told me something around 2weeks or more. But it definitely only takes about a week and a half. Depending on what day you leave for wmc, you most likely will have your new one by then.
life thru HD
get an identification card or use your passport ... or you're ed
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement