return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Torrent Download Speeds
View this Thread in Original format
DJ Mikey Mike
I'm currently living at a house where the maximum internet connection available is 512k.

The maximum speed I can get here is a shocking 60k/s. When using Windows 7 I was getting the maximum, 60k/s, for torrents. However, now that I'm back on Windows XP all of a sudden I'm only getting 30k/s.

What possible reasons could there be for the drop in speed?

I am using port forwarding. However, even when not using port forwarding the same above still applies.
Chris Crossland
Dunno.

I was downloading three torrents yesterday and all of them we're cruising at over 500k/s It was soooo awesome some of them reaching 900k/s
Ridexer
Because torrents show different format of download speed that your internet speed does... Multiply by 8 and you get the "internet speed" amount.
djscitec
at least you have internet..
leph555
I get maximum speeds possible from all of my torrents, and I never had to manually port forward anything.

Why are you using XP anyways?
DJ Mikey Mike
quote:
Originally posted by leph555
Why are you using XP anyways?

Why not?
leph555
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mikey Mike
Why not?

cause windows 7 is better
floyd741
quote:
Originally posted by leph555
cause windows 7 is better

No matter how much I love XP, I have to agree with this. OP, if there's no reason for you to be using XP besides "why not?" then you should definitely get back on Win 7.
Chris Crossland
I have a windows 7 upgrade but I'm afraid. :sadgreen:
djscitec
got win7 on one of the pc's here at home but don't really know how to use it well.. too used to leopard and now snow leopard.

Sonic_c
Sometimes i can get 1.2mb on torrent dl speed here in uk. Cant understand why the xp matters cause im on xp.

Remember your isp could be throttling you because it has become aware of the ports your using. try obfustication
Terrence Parker
Could be something with the maximum tcp connection limit in xp:
http://www.techiecorner.com/34/how-...download-speed/
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement