return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York

Pages: [1] 2 
So I just moved to Stamford
View this Thread in Original format
Ali Mahmud
I started a new job last week, and finally settled in. I am glad because now I am closer to new york. About 15 mins from my old neighborhood in the bronx, and another 10 to downtown.

You guys will probably be seeing me out at more events now, because coming from PA was just a pain before.

Also does anybody live in stamford or used to live in stamford can give me some advice on things to do over here, places to go, eat, etc. I am pretty sure I will spend most of my time in New York, but for the days I just don't feel like going to ny.
kingchinc
sorry but stamford sucks big ones...

I work in South Nowalk but live in manhattan because I couldn't handle the boredom that is stamford.

Its also not that cheap to live there.
sweetcaroline
Whaaat??? You moved to Connecticut? I had no idea. We'll miss you around here.

I've been to Stamford while going to college in Hartford. As I recall, it was one of the wealthiest areas I had ever seen (aside from Greenwich). But compared to Hartford, anything would seem posh to me. Anyway, I guess I have no useful information to offer about Stamford. That was a long time ago that I was in college.

Are you still on the bill for UMF at WMC? I hope so.
DJ_Rafnel
Congrats on the move Ali!
Ali Mahmud
quote:
Originally posted by sweetcaroline
Whaaat??? You moved to Connecticut? I had no idea. We'll miss you around here.

I've been to Stamford while going to college in Hartford. As I recall, it was one of the wealthiest areas I had ever seen (aside from Greenwich). But compared to Hartford, anything would seem posh to me. Anyway, I guess I have no useful information to offer about Stamford. That was a long time ago that I was in college.

Are you still on the bill for UMF at WMC? I hope so.

I am still going to try and make it philly probably once a month. I haven't seen anyone in philly for a long time. I hope when I am down there again, we can all catch up.

As for WMC my name is still on the flyer and appartently there are three phases the flyer goes through before it become the official flyer. Phase 3 has past and my name is still there, lol. They just never email me what time do I play, and instructions on when I arrive at the festival. I am still waiting on that.
kingchinc
Look out for restaurant week,you can find it on the city website. They have the the event multiple times throughout the year. Also, during the summer they have Alive at 5 every Thursday, where they close off the main area to traffic and let you drink outside and enjoy a free concert: past acts include Blues Travelers, Boyz II Men, Smashmouth and a bevy of other acts.

Bars and "clubs" suck ass.

Restaurants to check out:

colony pizza: extremly thin crust pizza (try the hot oil pizza)

Pearl East: suprisingly decent chinese joint

Capital Grill - quality steakhouse chain

Mitchells Seafood - quality seafood place

Garden Catering - Fried Food (get the highschool special)

Bobby Valentine's - old Mets manager pub, good finger food and $15 dollar pitchers of beer, also Karaoke wednesdays

Also, check out Scalzi park, decent sized park with a ton of resurfaced tennis courts, basketball court, and softball fields.

Other than that, Stamford gets real old real fast.
Ali Mahmud
quote:
Originally posted by kingchinc
Look out for restaurant week,you can find it on the city website. They have the the event multiple times throughout the year. Also, during the summer they have Alive at 5 every Thursday, where they close off the main area to traffic and let you drink outside and enjoy a free concert: past acts include Blues Travelers, Boyz II Men, Smashmouth and a bevy of other acts.

Bars and "clubs" suck ass.

Restaurants to check out:

colony pizza: extremly thin crust pizza (try the hot oil pizza)

Pearl East: suprisingly decent chinese joint

Capital Grill - quality steakhouse chain

Mitchells Seafood - quality seafood place

Garden Catering - Fried Food (get the highschool special)

Bobby Valentine's - old Mets manager pub, good finger food and $15 dollar pitchers of beer, also Karaoke wednesdays

Also, check out Scalzi park, decent sized park with a ton of resurfaced tennis courts, basketball court, and softball fields.

Other than that, Stamford gets real old real fast.

Thanks for the info. I have to try the pizza place. I am really picky about pizza, as all new yorkers should be. I tried two places here already people have recommended, and I want to shoot myself after paying for crap.

Also I think new york city is the only city I can never get bored of, but I still have alot of cities to visit.
cl0wnz0r
quote:
Originally posted by Ali Mahmud
I started a new job last week,

you work in finance? not really sure what else is in stamford, lol.
Ali Mahmud
quote:
Originally posted by cl0wnz0r
you work in finance? not really sure what else is in stamford, lol.

No I work for kodak. I am a QA Analyst.
cl0wnz0r
quote:
Originally posted by Ali Mahmud
No I work for kodak. I am a QA Analyst.

nice man, congrats! i guess i won't be asking you to forward my resume to rbs/ubs after all :P

Ali Mahmud
quote:
Originally posted by cl0wnz0r
nice man, congrats! i guess i won't be asking you to forward my resume to rbs/ubs after all :P

lol, yeah you can see that company off the highway. Well I will pm you my email address, and send me your resume. You never know if kodak is looking to hire, or I might no somebodyelse.
euphoria
higher :happy2:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement