return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman
View this Thread in Original format
woscar
Our wishes have been granted, people. Morgan Freeman producing, hosting, and narrating a science series. :gsmile:

quote:
Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman
Premieres June 9 at 10 PM ET on The Science Channel

Academy AwardŽ-winning actor and space enthusiast Morgan Freeman executive produces, hosts and narrates this exploration of the greatest mysteries of the universe. This new series, produced by Freeman's Revelations Entertainment, seeks the answers to the big questions: Are we alone? Where did we come from? Is there life on other planets? From the latest work at NASA and private enterprise facilities to the latest theories from academics and researchers, this series looks at black holes, colonizing the planets, string theory and more. Science Channel invites viewers on the journey as Morgan Freeman picks up where Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" left off and explores the new frontiers of what is beyond Earth.

That last bit on Carl Sagan sounds too pretentious, though. :p

SOURCE
bananas
i like
igottaknow
ziptnf
You are now reading this in Morgan Freeman's voice.

yukii
i love morgan freeman, but he and carl sagan on narrarating are on completely different pages, both epic, both different.
woscar
quote:
Originally posted by yukii
i love morgan freeman, but he and carl sagan on narrarating are on completely different pages, both epic, both different.

+1

And somehow I don't think the content is going to be on par with Cosmos.
Marcus Summers

hopefully it doesn't have this twat on the show. ing bogus ****.
woscar
Why bogus?
Marcus Summers
quote:
Originally posted by woscar
Why bogus?

Because everything he says:

A.) Hasn't been proven
B.) Has no support from any theoretical physics community
C.) Is dumbed down so much for the average viewer to understand that it lacks any type of scientific backing
D.) He'll do anything for money
yukii
quote:
Originally posted by Marcus Summers
Because everything he says:

A.) Hasn't been proven
B.) Has no support from any theoretical physics community
C.) Is dumbed down so much for the average viewer to understand that it lacks any type of scientific backing
D.) He'll do anything for money

:wtf:

woscar
A) That's why it's called Theoretical Physics. It's based on known scientific principles and applying them to what could be. That's how Einstein's Special Relativity started, you know?

B) I don't know about this, and I seriously doubt it. You seem to be cherry-picking here. Provide evidence.

C) This is a non sequitur. Since when does dumbing down complicated scientific concepts lead to abandonment of scientific backing? The guy explains extremely complex things like string theory to people who don't have the background or credentials to understand them and uses analogies sometimes. He's no Carl Sagan, but he does a good job, IMO.

D) I wouldn't know.
DjWhooCares
i like michio kaku

and this should be dope..now all we need is a planet earth wannabe or something narrated by Christopher Walken
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement