return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa

World cup pools
View this Thread in Original format
OurManFlint
I work at a restaurant and a lot of people are into the idea of starting a pool, but I'm not quite sure how to go about doing it with the world cup. It's easy with a NFL seasonal pool, or a pure tournament pool, but the combined group stages with tournament creates a problem.

If anybody has any ideas, how would I go about starting a pool with the combined group and tournament?
Ian
by this do you mean like just a sweepstakes, say 10 dollars a ticket, 32 teams, winning prize 250 dollars, 2nd price 50 & 3rd 20, and just put each teams name on a slip & have a draw.
OurManFlint
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
by this do you mean like just a sweepstakes, say 10 dollars a ticket, 32 teams, winning prize 250 dollars, 2nd price 50 & 3rd 20, and just put each teams name on a slip & have a draw.
We did that during Euro 2008, I felt it left it to chance rather than rewarding risk. I drew France and Greece, and you would think that the returning champions and runners-up in the WC would be good draws.
woscar
It's the easiest thing in the world, I do it every WC and Euro. :p

Just print out a sheet with all the games and have people predict the scores.

Exact score guessed correctly = 3 points
Winner (or game ending in draw) guessed correctly, but not the score = 1 point

Whoever gets more points at the end, wins.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement