return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Good programs for tagging mp3s/organizing metadata?
View this Thread in Original format
Silky Johnson
Recommendations? My bf dropped his ipod and everything got wiped. So I suggested relabeling all his mp3 metadata before he reloads anything back onto his ipod...only problem is he has 6000+ tunes to go through.
woscar
Are you sure everything is wiped? It could be just a corrupted database, although it seems a bit odd if it happened due to an impact.

How much used disk space does it show when connected to a computer? If it has a large portion used it means that the tracks are still there and can be extracted. No tags are lost since you are basically copying and pasting the mp3 files.

If you already went trough this and are positive that the tracks are indeed wiped, then iTunes is very practical for re-tagging. Another good software is mp3tag. ;)
Silky Johnson
Yep everything is wiped. And I d/led mp3tag...but I don't really know how to use it. Can someone give me a tutorial? What do I do after I import files?

edit: nevermind. Just found a good tutorial.
Jarvmeister
Does my head in when people use metadata out of context/unecessarily.....

Just say ID3 tags. That's what they are.
Silky Johnson
Ok boss.
KilldaDJ
just get ifunbox or something and grab the .mp3 back off the ed up pod and just drag that back into itunes, apple kills the filenames but leaves the ID3 tags...well 95% of the time anyway.

but yeah. you're probably better off just feeding the .mp3 into some tag program thing and let that do the work.

alright, forget the ifunbox idea, i didnt read the wiped bit.

do the ID3 tag idea. that will fix it. ofc it will.
Silky Johnson
Yeah...the issue is not really with the wiped ipod - it's that my bf's music is all horribly labeled. I just want to tidy it up for him so that when he reloads his ipod, he can actually find and there aren't duplicates of tunes, etc.

I figured it out though. :)
Pokit
Does anyone know of software that will scan through your directories and rename ml3 files to match their ID3 tags? I have a load of music (~120gb) that is named in different formats and it would take forever to manually rename everything
kadomony
Tag&Rename
w_ashley
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
Recommendations? My bf dropped his ipod and everything got wiped. So I suggested relabeling all his mp3 metadata before he reloads anything back onto his ipod...only problem is he has 6000+ tunes to go through.

I don't get it.

I can't even find 30 tracks I can listen to let alone 6000 tracks.

Comrade Stalin
Just when you need mp3 spam-bot!
leph555
You do way to much for your boyfriend :o
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement