return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

Darren Outflow - Soundcloud
View this Thread in Original format
darren-outflow
Added another new track to Soundcloud 'Arata'.

http://soundcloud.com/darrenoutflow

Hope you have the time to give it a listen and leave some feedback.

Thanks
Darren
darthseph
Left you comments on soundcloud mate. Hope you find them somewhat constructive!

Let me know if you want to shop anything to the Swarm for possible signing. I really think Breaking Dawn is an awesome track!
darren-outflow
Thanks for the comments mate, much appreciated.

Is this your label you would like too sign them too?

I'd be more than happy to sign some over. Send me a PM with some more information.
darthseph
quote:
Originally posted by darren-outflow
Thanks for the comments mate, much appreciated.

Is this your label you would like too sign them too?

I'd be more than happy to sign some over. Send me a PM with some more information.

I work A&R with a number of people on the social community known as the solarSwarm Recordings. The Swarm is a social music label run by fan and headed by Solarstone's front office for all the legal stuff. I am a senior member however. PM me for my demo address and any questions you have.

I also do work for 'smü[th] Music but they are heavily backed up at the moment with releases.
Nemesis44
Hey Darren,

Wicked tracks you have there mate. I particularly like Summer Rain and was hoping you could arrange a down load for me as I will play this on my radio show and push that for you. I personally think this is the strongest track out of the lot in terms of what it would do on the dance floor at least for the clubs I play at. The hook is also the most memorable of the lot imho.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers
Nem
DJSoulstone
Ok, please answer me: Why do you use such overlong breakdowns?
To me your tracks are mostly boring, since there is nothing really happening. I mean it sounds properly mixed, but where's the finesse? Unexpected effects, mini breaks instead of one long one, using stereo channels, anything? I mostly here beat and some tagging base line. AH well, whatever, that's why I stopped listening to tech-trance...
darren-outflow
@Soulstone, i'm not really sure what your getting at. You said i use "overlong" breakdowns and then went on to say i do "mini" breakdowns.

Are the breakdowns too long for you or not long enough?

I write the music as to how i like it, i personally don't find any of them boring but i appreciate your comments.

Thanks
Darren
Kysora
He said mini-breaks as a suggestion to make your music more "interesting".

As far as I'm concerned that's just genre bias. If that's not your style why criticize you for it? You've got a solid sound, keep doing what you're doing.
darren-outflow
Ahhh, i just read it again and i understand now. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I kinda got the hint he just didn't like Tech Trance so painted me with the same brush.

Thanks for the comment Kysora.
DJSoulstone
I just think that breakdowns of more than 1min are most of the times too long. I feel it as an energy killer when I'm on the dancefloor.
The other thing I was trying to point at is, that your track structure is quite generic. It just feels as if there's nothing to discover when I listen to it and I tryed give some ideas of how to make your tracks more unique and creative.

It has not really something to do with whether I like the whole genre or not. It was not my intention to bash you. :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement