return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa

Pages: [1] 2 
Spain - Germany (July 7) [Semi Final]
View this Thread in Original format
raveed
May very well turn out to be the game of the tournament.

I know the Germans are in great form right now but so far they have destroyed good teams with crap defenses.

If Spain finally do show up on Wednesday, I think they will have the Germans number and will go through. 3:1 to Espanyol.
Zeonfiend
I'm thinking the Germans have got the bit in their teeth and aren't going to suffer a Spanish team that barely got past Paraguay and Portgual. 2-1, Germany.
LAdazeNYnights
quote:
Originally posted by Zeonfiend
I'm thinking the Germans have got the bit in their teeth and aren't going to suffer a Spanish team that barely got past Paraguay and Portgual. 2-1, Germany.


sounds about right to me. the spanish side had too much trouble scoring against paraguay and portugal. let's be honest here - the german team has looked incredible in the back. 2-0 to the germans with a podolski goal, i hope.
raveed
quote:
Originally posted by Zeonfiend
I'm thinking the Germans have got the bit in their teeth and aren't going to suffer a Spanish team that barely got past Paraguay and Portgual. 2-1, Germany.


A couple of things to consider though:

- Portugal had not conceded a goal in the world cup and had also gone without conceding in 22 of their past 26 games without conceding.

- Paraguay also have an extremely staunch defense and barring that lucky goal Italy got against them in their opening game, had also gone without conceding a goal in the world cup.

- The fact that Spain was able to breach the defenses of both the above teams shows that they have the quality to unlock even the toughest defenses. Paraguay and Portugal are primarily defensive teams while the Germans will come out to attack which can make it easier for Spain to hit them on the break.

- Thomas Mueller is suspended for the game which will be a massive blow for Germany. He really was the creative force behind a lot of their goals and is their top scorer for the tournament.

- David Villa


I think Spain will take this one.
Txebe
quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
sounds about right to me. the spanish side had too much trouble scoring against paraguay and portugal. let's be honest here - the german team has looked incredible in the back. 2-0 to the germans with a podolski goal, i hope.

Too hard to score playing against 9-10 defenders! that's the reason.
Ultimately, we are a highly disciplined and capable team, stuffed full of stars, who are capable of beating any team in the world on their day.

"Tiki-Taka" vs "Teamgeist" :p can't wait!
Ian
viva espana. David Villa <3 Shame Silva & Mata aren't playing but at least the 'Navas' Experiment seems over, he spends so much time on the ground he could be a member of groundstaff.
SyncMaster
NED-GER for Final Match! Germans will win!
smcmulli
lol spain
LAdazeNYnights
quote:
Originally posted by Txebe
Too hard to score playing against 9-10 defenders! that's the reason.
Ultimately, we are a highly disciplined and capable team, stuffed full of stars, who are capable of beating any team in the world on their day.

"Tiki-Taka" vs "Teamgeist" :p can't wait!


yeah i can't wait to wake up for this game tomorrow!!!
and yeah the first 15 min or so of the 2nd half against argentina - it certainly looked like argentina was playing against 9-10 defenders haha


and smcmulli- i feel like you're some sort of spambot that registered in 2001 and is making a reappearance. :wtf:
Ian
I have to say that if Spain make the final that I'm tempted to find a cheap flight to Barca or something for sunday.

tathi
Germanys in trouble, Paul the psychic octupus has predicted a Spanish win... http://www.smh.com.au/world-cup-201...tml?autostart=1
LAdazeNYnights
quote:
Originally posted by tathi
Germanys in trouble, Paul the psychic octupus has predicted a Spanish win... http://www.smh.com.au/world-cup-201...tml?autostart=1


oh no! and this time for real.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement