return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Anybody taking Trazodone (Desyrel, Trazolan, etc..) as sleep aid?!
View this Thread in Original format
Dance123
Hi,

Are there people where who use trazodone (brand names: Desyrel, Trazolan, etc..) as sleep aid?!

One side effect that bothers me is that apparently you get a stuffy nose but is this also the case if you only take 50 mg or lower? Anybody had a stuffy nose when taking more and then lowered the dose and it was better?

PS: mention how much you take as sleep aid and if it gives you a stuffy nose or not!

Thanks!
chlola
Stay away from that stuff or you're gonna be the next MJ.:(
Dance123
don't worry.. it was prescribed by a doctor.. i just want to know about that side effect of a stuffy nose and if this is dose-related?
Esiotrat
Some remedies are worse the the disease.

Opt for the good ol' fashioned glass of milk and a wank, and you'll be fine.
chlola
Just smoke a joint.
ivofivo
quote:
Originally posted by Dance123
Hi,

Are there people where who use trazodone (brand names: Desyrel, Trazolan, etc..) as sleep aid?!

One side effect that bothers me is that apparently you get a stuffy nose but is this also the case if you only take 50 mg or lower? Anybody had a stuffy nose when taking more and then lowered the dose and it was better?

PS: mention how much you take as sleep aid and if it gives you a stuffy nose or not!

Thanks!

You are an idiot. Trazodone is an antidepressant and has nothing to do with your stuffy nose. What you have is another symptom that is irrelevant to your prescription. Clearly...your serotonin levels are low on foods, which might cause an immune disorder, which might cause your "stuffy nose". But that is very unlikely, since Trazodone is not a tricyclic antidepressant, which could collide with your immune system. But since you don't have any constipation or rapid dry mouth, I highly doubt that the medicine is causing the symptom, or as many would say "side effect".
chlola
quote:
Originally posted by ivofivo
You are an idiot. Trazodone is an antidepressant and has nothing to do with your stuffy nose. What you have is another symptom that is irrelevant to your prescription. Clearly...your serotonin levels are low on foods, which might cause an immune disorder, which might cause your "stuffy nose". But that is very unlikely, since Trazodone is not a tricyclic antidepressant, which could collide with your immune system. But since you don't have any constipation or rapid dry mouth, I highly doubt that the medicine is causing the symptom, or as many would say "side effect".

But his doctor prescribed it for sleepy?
st3nc
i get prescribed Lorazapam to sleep but i dont take it...

le sigh

another stoage bbl
chlola
Anybody taking Heroin (Smack, Junk, ect..) as sleep aid?!
ivofivo
quote:
Originally posted by chlola

The drug produces anxiolytic and hypnotic effects, which induce muscle relaxation and sleep.

ModernNosferatu
quote:
Originally posted by chlola

Certain Rx drugs can be prescribed for up to 2 or 3 different symptoms.

You need to experiment with them to make sure it is only doing the effect the Doctor saw fit in the beginning. Rx drugs can take months to years to find the right combination for a person because of the different chemicals that are high or low in a person. Certain Rx drugs might make a person feel one way and make another person feel something completely different on the exact same Rx drug.

I'm going to be in the Pharm business soon, it's cool...I'm going to be a drug dealer for the goverment and it's legal.:disbelief
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Maige
I'm on it, but it doesn't help AT ALL. I also have a Seroquel XR prescription.

I dosed both at the same time, no sleep. Going to sleep now... at 3:35 AM, as usual.

ing insomnia.

How are your other meds working out? No bull, I'm just curious, since you 'got the pills you wanted' by (what seemed to me as) self diagnosis.

Did it help your attention spans and focus, and so forth?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement