return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Google search for 'Vatican' yields pedophile site
View this Thread in Original format
woscar
quote:
A likely Google Bomb leaves Europeans wondering if a hacker is making a statement.

Internet users over the weekend were delivered to an empty site called pedofilo.com when doing a search for "Vatican." Pedofilo is the Italian world for pedophile. As the AP states:

"The Vatican is battling allegations of abuse by paedophile priests and allegations of high-level cover-ups in several European countries, after similar scandals swept Australia and the United States in 2004."

What's interesting is that this 'hack' has all of the hallmarks of a politically-motivated Google Bombing.

A spokesman for Google Italy, Simona Panseri, told ANSA it was not clear if this was a result of hacking. "I cannot confirm if it is an attack because I have not had any more precise information from the US engineers to understand the nature of the problem," he told the agency.

A Google (GOOG) bombing is a concerted effort by a number of users to link a phrase with an unflattering site on the Web. For instance, one of the most popular Google bombings was 'miserable failure,' which linked to the the biography of former U.S. president George W. Bush. The first reported Google bombing took place in 1999 when a search for "more evil than Satan himself" resulted in the Microsoft homepage as the top result.

Some of these Google bombs are humorous. Some are quite offensive. I won't classify this one.

SOURCE

:stongue:
MrJiveBoJingles
Looks like it already got fixed.

In other Vatican news:
quote:
The ordination of women as Catholic priests is a "crime against the faith", the Vatican has said while it issued a raft of new disciplinary rules.

Cases of "attempted ordination of women" will now be handled by the Vatican's doctrinal watchdog, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), a Vatican statement said on Thursday.

The new rules put attempts at the ordination of women among the "most serious crimes", along with paedophilia.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/ordinat...0716-10den.html
ReclusNdangrmnt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9iBEhD9XT8
aquila
Hmm time to file that site in Boris' Pedofolio
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement