return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
college bookstore fail
View this Thread in Original format
D-res
I've been standing in a line for an hour and twenty mintues, have yet to even get to the counter where I get my books whereafter a second line starts just to check out. All the while this one dude's been standing at the same register for forty minutes, only making things slower. There's little reason I can see why one person would take forty minutes to pay for some books. Anyone else go to a ghetto school that does things ass backwards because enough shady, untrustworthy people attend the same school requiring inconvenient and ultimately pointless provisions to be in place? I've never browsed TA while standing in one line for so long before.

c0r version: god-ing-damn the undesirables
w_ashley
People do almost everything slower around here.

Still not sure if I want to brave the bookstore this term.

Books cost twice as much usually as buying them via mail order.

The risk is

1. buy before classes get stuck with cancled text
2. buy after wait in line for an hour.

Its not thaaat bad but after classes start it is a crap shoot for the first week.

bring a book to read (no pun intended)

(and yes I know you can bring them back - here if they are unopened........) but not all texted are unopened.

Yes natural says buy early bring back if needed.. but buying a book and not opening it is the hard part. .. yes the hard part.
Esiotrat
quote:
Originally posted by ********

That explains everything.
D-res
And they don't have one of my books in stock, making this wait all the more worthwhile, and my lab that much easier to complete. I could jump for joy but id probably get arrested
KilldaDJ
got a hammer?i sure as hell could use one right now to expend my rage.
Moral Hazard
quote:
Originally posted by Enigmatik
That explains everything.

Hey now, not all of us from Waterloo are like Will.
Silky Johnson
That's why I always order my books online and have them shipped to me before classes start. You are the one that fails, imo.
D-res
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
That's why I always order my books online and have them shipped to me before classes start. You are the one that fails, imo.

Having experienced professors changing the course books pre-semester, I like to wait until I receive the syllabus. Opine away miss pie
Lira
No, not really. But we seldom buy the actual books required for the course here in Brazil. We usually just have a few chapters copied and study them.
Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by D-res
Having experienced professors changing the course books pre-semester, I like to wait until I receive the syllabus. Opine away miss pie

Oh, well then I apologize. The system at your school does indeed suck.

EddieZilker
quote:
Originally posted by ********

I don't know how true that is. I think you have an unnaturally high clock speed which allows you to perceive things in a way which appears slower to you. To your credit, however. Indeed, much to your credit.
Banora
Still waiting to see:

1. If we are even going to use the book in said class (if not I will go to the library whenever the class does call upon the book).

2. If I can justify paying $390583490583 for said book (only to get $.10 back for it at the end of the semester, if they accept it at all).

3. My financial aid to come in.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement