return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Wake me up when September begins: Record a message on mp3!
View this Thread in Original format
Lira
Hello there TA's of the universe,

As some of you already know, Stu has been telling me in a bloomin' Aussie epicness previously found only in Outback Steakhouses to pick up my phone (and even make haste!) whenever someone calls me. And, long before that, I had some girl utter the words "You have a new message" whenever someone tried to establish a written mode of communication with me via my phone. These alerts make my phone sound much more human and, let's face it, it's always nice to strengthen the bond I have with something that spends most of my day... in my pants! (actually, in my pockets, but that's a completely different issue).

But that's not human enough. It's not daring enough. I need more. Why? Because I also sleep with my mobile phone by my side, and I grew tired of its macabre wake up melody. I'd rather wake up to a soothing voice telling me to get up and seize the day, ride unicorns and dirty hoes, read books and the souls of those around me, and whatnot. And this is where you come in.

I want the CORe to record a voice message that I can use as my daily alarm. I use it mainly to wake up in the morning and hate the fact that I can't go back to bed.

You can record the messages in your mother language (even if it isn't English). Feel free to make any modifications you like to the following paragraph or ignore it altogether if you feel you've got something more inspiring to say. This is what I had in mind:
Good morning, Lira, it's time to seize the day! The sun has risen and the birds are chirping! Wake up, dream of riding unicorns and big titty bitches, seize the day, read books and the eyes of the downtrodden masses that surround you and heedlessly waste every single minute of their empty and pathetic lives marching towards an empty and indifferent final extinction which is nothing but an absurd epilogue to what we all call "life", trying to survive in a world that is completely oblivious to their existence as much as to your own, thus liberating you so you can take a leap and plunge yourself headlong into a day full of possibilities, keeping in mind that the outcome doesn't really matter as long as you don't hurt anyone. Just go out there and seize the day, you've got nothing to lose but the day itself. Come on, wake up, Lira, and seize the bloody day! Seize it by the throat!
Thank you :gsmile:

COre version: Just record an mp3 message telling me to wake up in an inspiring manner.
ZeJayMan
hahaha
ziptnf
I think different members of the c0r should say a different part of that sentence, and you could patch it all together in Audacity and make it a wakeup call from the entire forum. :)
WittyHandle
EddieZilker
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
I think different members of the c0r should say a different part of that sentence, and you could patch it all together in Audacity and make it a wakeup call from the entire forum. :)

A wake up call from the Borg.

Resistance (and further rest) is futile.
ZeJayMan
http://www.zshare.net/audio/79922103e7a6c861/
Lira
Well, that is a good idea, Zip :)
quote:
Originally posted by ZeJayMan
http://www.zshare.net/audio/79922103e7a6c861/

:stongue:

Hey, that's awesome! Can you say the whole thing? Your Scottish accent reminds me so much of Trainspotting it'd make my day/week/year every morning!
yukii
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf

Haha :stongue: that's a cool idea
Omega_Blue
lol, i'm gonna record something later

tbh i had this idea a while back but as most of you know i'm not the posting-type, really. "record your voice!" thread of some sort. always wondered what people sounded like.
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue
lol, i'm gonna record something later

tbh i had this idea a while back but as most of you know i'm not the posting-type, really. "record your voice!" thread of some sort. always wondered what people sounded like.

We can always hijack this thread :)

You know what I sound like, right?

Banora
Wake the up, Lira!
Dj Skez
quote:
Originally posted by Lira

You're intelligent and a practicing linguist.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement