return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

2 Questions about Torq Connectiv
View this Thread in Original format
WithoutAngles
Question number one.

I use Torq Connectiv connected to my PC from my gear. I have my monitors hooked up to my PC. The sound output I hear from the monitors is about 2-3 seconds later than what I hear through the headphones (connected directly to my mixer). Now before I reformatted my comp, the sound coming from the headphones came out at the same time as the monitors, but now there's a delay. How do I go about fixing that?

Question number two.

I just recorded a mix and while I was recording it one of my headphone ears went silent for maybe 15 seconds. Now this has happened before and I thought it was just the headphones that were faulty. But after re-listening to the mix, I noticed that at the same part that my headphone lost sound in one ear, the mix lost sound in one side also. I found that weird as my headphones have lost sound in one side before while recording, but it never translated in the mix except for this time. Once again anyone have any clue as to whats up?

Thanks a bunch.

Edit: I guess the problems aren't directly related to Torq, especially not the second one but hopefully you guys get the idea.
Omega_Blue
i've had similar problems with torq.

i uninstalled and reinstalled it one time, and ever since then my PC has been unable to run the program without serious, serious, distortion/click-pops while playing a track. also, i've had a similar problem like the one you mentioned with your headphones- i would record a mix with torq, and only one channel would record while the other one would be complete silence, even when it recorded fine previously. you can imagine how goofy that sounded.

i think it's a driver issue or something. in the end, i had to sell torq due to all the problems with it.
n3lly
Where's miami when you need him! :)
WithoutAngles
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue

I just found the headphone thing to be really weird..
One side of my headphones always goes out during a mix for a few seconds (gotta get new cans) but it's never translated into the actual mix, I don't even know how that's possible since the headphones aren't connected to Torq or the computer.
miamitranceman
The headphone issue I really have no idea about. Try a second pair just to make sure maybe?

As for the first issue, since it sounds like it only started having the delay after the reformat, make sure your computer has all the latest drivers installed, esp sound drivers.

Also, post this on the officials torq forum. people there will help you troubleshoot.
xtr3m
Never had the problems.

Using the latest version and all?..
n3lly
quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman

Also, post this on the officials torq forum. people there will help you troubleshoot.

Good advice there :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement