return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Father and son launch Iphone into space
View this Thread in Original format
Capitalizt

kewl.
Acton
Awesome. It would be great to do a little project like that.
Paradox Lost
That's incredible. It would have taken way too much time, but I would love to have seen an uninterrupted ascent.

By the way, anyone else shift their eyes to their cell phones at 3:45?:D

EDIT: Does this necessarily qualify as having entered what is generally understood to be 'space,' though? The highest reported altitude in this video is 100,000 feet, which is about 30.5 kilometers, but most agencies rate the beginning of space as lying between 80 to 100 thousand kilometers.
Capitalizt
quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
EDIT: Does this necessarily qualify as having entered what is generally understood to be 'space,' though? The highest reported altitude in this video is 100,000 feet, which is about 30.5 kilometers, but most agencies rate the beginning of space as lying between 80 to 100 thousand kilometers.

yeah yeah whateva..;) A balloon is obviously not going to rise above the atmosphere entirely, but it's still pretty impressive how high they got it.

This was the first real private space flight..

Spaceshiptwo is in development now and should be ready to take passengers next year. The next step is Spaceshipthree, which could allow complete orbital flights.
Paradox Lost
quote:
Originally posted by Capitalizt
yeah yeah whateva..;) A balloon is obviously not going to rise above the atmosphere entirely, but it's still pretty impressive how high they got it.

This was the first real private space flight..

Spaceshiptwo is in development now and should be ready to take passengers for trips soon. The next step is Spaceshipthree, which is should allow complete orbital flights.

Yeah, was immediately reminded of the X-Prize, in 2004 (which I was just watching when you posted this, incidentally).

Anyway, it's not my intention to take anything away from what is clearly a remarkable accomplishment; it's just that they made references to having 'been in space,' and these are people who clearly did their research, so I simply assumed that I may have been misunderstanding something. :D
Simon_N
Imagine jumping from that height!

Simon_N
Imagine jumping from that height!

Goebbel Goebbel
i've got a month left before i destroy mine and put it on youtube.

never again.
yukii
that was so awesome
Beats and Beeps
THE KID IS IN THE ATTIC HE IS NOT REALLY ON THE BALLOON

BALLOON BOY IS A HOAX OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE

geroin
quote:
Originally posted by yukii
that was so awesome
Halcyon+On+On
quote:
Originally posted by Kenny Rogers
:eyes:

i want to go to space

What the happened to your chain of sub-par chicken establishments? was cheap and seemed to keep car thieves off the streets.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement