return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Traktor Scratch Pro Issue+
View this Thread in Original format
love_child
I've been trying to work out this problem for a while, and it's driving me nuts.

When I click the headphone icon under the gain knob in Traktor Scratch to pre listen before turning up the volume, I can't hear the song. The master meter is pumping with sound, but nothing comes out.

My output routing is internal.
Polt
What soundcard are you using?

Do you have your master preview set to a separate output?
love_child
quote:
Originally posted by Polt

n3lly
quote:
Originally posted by Polt

Like what Polt said,

In Preferences you need to use Internal Mixer mode and setup the outputs on your Soundcard . Master output goes from the soundcard to the Amplifier and Monitor is for your headphones.

Just make sure you have the monitor set to output on a separate channel of your soundcard and plug your heaphones into that.

We'll need to know what soundcard you have though before we can give you a detailed guide on how to set this up.
Polt
It looks like you don't have multiple 1/8th inch outputs. You're going to need a soundcard with multiple outputs. You would then set one output to the monitor, and one to the master.
love_child
Well it was working before. I was getting sound into my headphones from both decks and when I would hit the headphone button it would allow me to preview a track without raising the volume. I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and maybe I need to download proper soundcard drivers? I have a Dell XPS 630 which is a pretty good PC so my sound card should be able to run this.
n3lly
Weird.

Only thing i can suggest unless anyone else on here has any ideas is going over the Native instruments forum and throwing this question up there. Should get a response fairly quickly.

I'm not that confident that those digital outputs will work? HDMI SPDIF etc etc..

Usually you'd suggest outputs 1 and 2 for master our and 3, 4 for your monitors then. (i think)

But yeah pop over here CLICK ME PLEASE

And see if any of those guys can help you :)

hth
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement