return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Time traveler caught on film in 1928 taking on a cell phone!
View this Thread in Original format
igottaknow
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...chaplins_t.html

Note to Witty Handle the film wasn't in HD. :sadgreen:

ziptnf
:wtf:

Trippy.
EddieZilker
Who would she be talking to on a cell phone, in 1928? The telecommunications infrastructure couldn't have even supported such a device.
ziptnf
quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
Who would she be talking to on a cell phone, in 1928? The telecommunications infrastructure couldn't have even supported such a device.

I think that's the question being posed here. Watch the video in the link, the woman/man is clearly holding a thin black object and talking. Unless he/she is a lunatic and talking to themselves, it makes for a quite puzzling discovery.
Acton
It could be many other things, but a mobile phone? No. Just no.
shaw
quote:
yeah, because cell phones transmit through time travel. My phone won't even work in my kitchen.
ziptnf
quote:
Originally posted by Acton

Yeah, it does look quite odd.

quote:
However, while this fantastical theory is fun to ponder, in all likelihood the woman is actually using a hearing aid. The device was invented in the 1920s, and by 1928 there were a few small devices available, such as ones manufactured by Acousticon, that could explain the device in her hand.
igottaknow
quote:
Originally posted by Acton

*cough

star trek communicator

"one to beam up scotty"
LiquidX
quote:

It was a time traveler phone !
Acton
quote:
Originally posted by igottaknow
*cough

star trek communicator

"one to beam up scotty"

lol

Or a pair of gloves, that he's using to whack peasants out of his way.

EddieZilker
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
I think that's the question being posed here. Watch the video in the link, the woman/man is clearly holding a thin black object and talking. Unless he/she is a lunatic and talking to themselves, it makes for a quite puzzling discovery.

It looks like he/she is scratching their face while making a remark, like "Ow!" and/or "Damn that hurts." I don't see any device. Only the middle and index finger curled around where one would be, near the ear.
ziptnf
quote:
It looks like he/she is scratching their face while making a remark, like "Ow!" and/or "Damn that hurts." I don't see any device. Only the middle and index finger curled around where one would be, near the ear.

Look again. She's definitely holding something. It's probably a hearing aid, like I quoted before.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement