return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Ipod hax
View this Thread in Original format
WittyHandle
I need to backup my Ipod, extract the music from it to my laptop, but here's the important part... I need to have the ID3 tags backed up as well so that I can just buy a new Ipod and transfer everything onto it and have the artist & album info intact. Playlists would be great too, but I'll take what I can get. I installed Yamipod, which transfers the music, but the description says nothing about saving the ID3 tags, so I can't count on it. Anyone have any ideas?
Mr.Mystery
The ID3 tags are metadata saved within the file, so when you transfer the files the tags come with.
WittyHandle
Ah, I had been told a few months ago by a nerdy friend of mine that the metadata was a separate file and not extractable to his knowledge. He is incorrect then?
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
He is incorrect then?

Yes.
WittyHandle
I have the files. It's not those I'm worried about. It's the time I spent organizing them that I don't want to lose. It's 80 gigs, and it's full, so it took a while.

Ideally I'd like to backup my playlists too, but I have yet to find anything that can do that. My Ipod is set to manual right now, so I don't have the library to fall back on. If I ever lose it and get another, I'll be sure not to do that next time.
WittyHandle
Like I said, I have it set to disc mode, which doesn't create a backup library in Itunes. And that transfer only goes one way. If I had stolen it, why would I be looking to back it up?
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Kenny Rogers
i disc mode you can copy the files from ipod to your computer. man your making trouble out of nothing. how would you act on a real crisis? hold for your ears, close your eyes and scream and hope everythings ok by the time you dare to look again?

Oh, you're Palm :p

I was wondering where you came from all of a sudden :p
Joss Weatherby
Don't worry a friendly bot will post a solution in a few hours or days... :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement