return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

OHHH Ohio
View this Thread in Original format
gingerkid13
Hey guys, I am new in town and looking for some good spots where they play electronic music. I just moved to Cincy from Florida and the scene there was really strong... Do you know anywhere where I can go see some techno without making the drive to Detroit or Chicago??? I went to see Claude VonStroke over Labor day weekend, but it is time I get my techno fix :D
abunch
Unfortunately I don't know of any places in Cincy. I just moved back to Cincinnati from Atlanta and the scene here is pretty much dead. The only place I know of to hear electronic dance music is my apartment.
:D :D :D :confused:
gingerkid13
Two places then, because my apartment is popping :D

How was it in ATL??? I was in Miami, and I basically lived at Space... My boyfriend really likes house but I am more into minimal techno....

Where in Cincy are you?
DPetey81
Yeah, Cincy is pretty much dead as far as EDM is concerned. They throw some one-offs every once in a while. CBus is good at certain times during the year and Cleveland has some decent bi-weekly/monthly events headed by the locals. I normally go to Chicago for my fixes as well, but we do get a somewhat normal stream of touring artists coming through here. Unfortunately, Columbus hasn't gotten much love from the techno/minimal djs (internationally speaking) because people won't support the relatively unknowns. We do get some regular visits from the trance superstars (Ferry and A&b have been here recently). A club from back in the day has recently reopened up here and it looks like they are intent on satisfying some edm needs. Also, there's a very interesting event up here next Friday:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170147053010600

Haven't decided if I'm going or not, but it's really intriguing and quite affordable for a room. Not sure exactly what genres will be played, but some of the djs on the bill play techno, so at least one of the stages should have some good stuff.
gingerkid13
Yea I will see.... Living in Miami really spoiled my musical taste, and I dont know how I would do at that event. Just bought tix to fly down to Miami and spend New Years Eve at Space, I am very excited about that. Then January 21 I am going on the Groove Cruise... It is mostly house music, but should be fun enough.... I saw a flyer for a Loco Dice concert in Columbus last year, right before WMC, how was that??? I was in shock that he would come to Columbus, but hopefully we will get some interesting events here in March before everyone heads down to Florida.
DPetey81
I feel the scene in Miami has taken a dive in recent years outside of WMC. Too much VIP and bottle sh*t at all the clubs.... Still got some good nights down there, though.

I dunno about this hotel party either, as I'm a little old for the crowd that will probably show. Still, it will certainly be unique with all those stages set up in a hotel/water park. Either way, still dont know if I'll go. Went to Acosta last week which was ok. Dave Dresden is here next week as well but I've never seen him by himself.

Loco Dice was fun, but the best part was that Martin Buttrich was with him :). They both played very good sets in a tiny place for about 60 people. That was when he was on his bus tour, so he was hitting a lot of places. Good times.
djjakec
Dan is spot on imo...Cincy is pretty bleak, and there are a couple decent promoters in both Cbus and here in Cleveland (including myself) trying to keep things going at least monthly. I'd also suggest the Dresden party at the old Red Zone club in Columbus this coming Sat.

My DJ partner Randy Masiello (DJ R-Masie) and I do a monthly party up here at Anatomy Nightclub in downtown Cleveland, and we are bringing back Perfecto's Kenneth Thomas on Saturday, Jan 29th if you can make it! There's def a scene here but its shrunk considerably in the past few years!

Also, System (which is headed up by DJ Dan Stark plus Jayme Skeen) put on monthly events up here...the New Years party will be off the hook! They are also bringing headlining int'l talent including Carlo Lio, Sultan, Ned Shepard and more in coming months...check out clevelandnightlife.net

Hope this helps!!
DPetey81
Yeah, the Cleveland guys do a good job with their parties. Never had a bad time up there.

Luv KT and hell yes for Carlo Lio:eyes:
djjakec
Stark/Skeen/Clemens for New Years Eve @ Anatomy!!! Can't freakin' wait! Here's the spot for advanced tix:

www.wantickets.com/nyecleveland
djjakec
This month!!! We're pretty excited!!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=169457679752755

djjakec
Just a heads up that there are still some advanced tickets for the 1/29 CD Release
KT party:

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/14...-Residents.aspx

Kenneth is excited to throw down some more trance this time around..going to be an incredible night!!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement