return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Help me find a movie
View this Thread in Original format
Theresa
When I was a kid, I watched a Christmas movie on TV. It was about a little girl who's father had to leave for business or something like that during Christmas time. She ended up getting into a hot air balloon (I think), to go find her father. She ends up finding him and all is hunky dorey. Yes, I realize that is very vague, but it has to have been over 10 years ago that I saw it. That's all I remember.

Does anyone know what movie this is? Every Christmas I think about it (I apparently really liked the movie), and I would love to see it again. I have googled tons of things but nothing comes up. Please help!
couch-potato
encino man
Silky Johnson
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090839/

??
Theresa
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090839/

??

No :(

The Father is a businessman who leaves his daughter for work during Christmas time. The little girl wants to be with him, so she goes looking for him. I keep recalling her riding a hot air balloon at some point. In the end she makes it all the way to wherever he is. There is a scene where someone is playing on a black piano, and the whole thing takes place in the U.S.
Silky Johnson
This is actually starting to sound familiar now. Lol. :mad:
Theresa
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
This is actually starting to sound familiar now. Lol. :mad:

Every single Christmas I am reminded of this movie and I can never find anything on line about it. I am rather fixated on the hot air balloon thing, so maybe I should drop that and look for just a father leaving his daughter at Christmas time.

It has seriously been bugging me for years! Bah!
raveed

Is this the little girl?
Theresa
quote:
Originally posted by raveed

Is this the little girl?

Wow... I don't know. Possibly. I mean, I do recall Santa being in the movie, but I cannot remember what role he played in it. What movie is that photo from?
Theresa
The more I look at it, the more I think that it might be it. I seem to vaguely recall wondering why the little girl was so under-dressed for winter time. I also remember her carrying a backpack with her.
Theresa
YAY! I found it!

"It Nearly Wasn't Christmas"

I posted this up on imdb and someone got it right away :) Now I just need to get something that prevents me from being geo-blocked so I can watch it (it's on the ABC.com website). Any suggestions?

Silky Johnson
I truly think I remember this movie. Hahah. Nice one T.
Theresa

That's the piano scene I remember. Strange which parts of a movie you would remember. I remembered the hot air balloon and this scene.

I downloaded "Hotspot Shield" and it allows me to watch Hulu... but ABC.com just loads indefinitely. Doesn't matter... I can watch it on Hulu.

:)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement