return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Need help, new to traktor...setting up
View this Thread in Original format
darouge11
Hey, any help is appreciated

i just got a xone 42 and 2 x1's ....plus i have traktor pro and audio 8

im just having trouble getting everything to work, im going through the manual, but getting really frustrated

thanks alot people
darouge11
and im trying to hook it to a macbook btw
skip
Can you be more specific as to what the problem is? Kinda hard giving advice based on the info you gave.
chewy dragee
Make sure you update traktor to the latest version.

If an older version came with the audio 8 it will give you problems setting up the X1s.
darouge11
yeah sorry maybe I should have been a bit more specific...and as for the updates, I just found that out, im getting snow leopard tomorrow, since i have os x 10.4...i need t least 10.5....

maybe thats the reason why nothing is recognized...even the audio 8 isnt being recognized,... I will try again today, and if nothing falls through ill come back if theres any problems....just seems theres a lot of configuring to do lol
Polt
I have pretty much the same setup as you do. The setup process should be plug and play. The one issue you may be running into is one of usb power. The X1s and Audio8 all run off usb power. A macbook simply can't supply enough. You should probably get yourself a small powered usb hub. The key there is "powered". It will plug into the wall and provide enough power to your peripherals. I have my macbookpro setup with the audio8 plugged directly into the laptop, then the 2 X1s plugged into the hub.

On another note, Traktor has a great setup wizard built in. It can automatically configure your soundcard and X1s to their default settings.
darouge11
ill probably have to wait a bit to pick up a usb hub...I knew I had to do that eventually for the x1's....but for the time being, the audio 8 and one x1 could be plugged in at the same tie, no? would that be ok?
Polt
quote:
Originally posted by darouge11
ill probably have to wait a bit to pick up a usb hub...I knew I had to do that eventually for the x1's....but for the time being, the audio 8 and one x1 could be plugged in at the same tie, no? would that be ok?

If you have 2 usb ports, use one for the Audio8 and one for the X1. That should work just fine. It's once you add more devices, that you'll need more power.
darouge11
So I Installed traktor updated it, got sound coming through the mixer, I installed the drivers for my x1's but it seems once i plug it in, they light up for a second, then not at all, completely un responsive as well..... so im not sure what im doing wwrong
Polt
quote:
Originally posted by darouge11
So I Installed traktor updated it, got sound coming through the mixer, I installed the drivers for my x1's but it seems once i plug it in, they light up for a second, then not at all, completely un responsive as well..... so im not sure what im doing wwrong

You don't have enough power coming through your usb ports to power them. Get something like this and you should be good to go.

darouge11
quote:
Originally posted by Polt
You don't have enough power coming through your usb ports to power them. Get something like this and you should be good to go.

I have a power usb hub
djkatmaus
Do you have access to another computer? At this point I would check to see if you may have a faulty X1 or something on another computer. I have the same set up as Polt. Minus one X1, and no issues either. Technically whether its a mac or a pc it should be plug and play.

I would check the hardware at this point, considering you posted that you updated all the firmware.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement