return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

How Can I edit the txt and notes in PDF with music scores and txt
View this Thread in Original format
Dj Goran
Want to ask
If there is some program to edit pdf file
I have some pdf with music scores and txt
I like to edit the txt and music, if possible

Thank you
Mad for Brad
in what way do you want to edit ?

I use photoshop to annotate scores but that isn't really editing as much as putting notes and making highlights. The only way to really edit a score ie the notes is to have some version you can open with Sibelius or Finale. These programs have tools to scan a sheet and convert lets say a jpg or pdf to sib or mus file-format but they really don't work well and it is quicker just to redo the score.

for example

Very important skill for djs.

DJ RANN
You could always just acrobat pro which has great options in terms of marking and highlighting. Also, depending on how they set the sheet up, you might even be able to edit their document directly.
DjWoody
Depending on the way the PDF was created, and if the PDF isn't a whole image, than you can also open it on Illustrator and edit it there. Illustrator is awesome for editing PDF's, we use it here at work all the time.

:toothless
Mad for Brad
There are no PDF conventions for music scores so it will be 1 picture object. Photoshop is your best bet.
Dj Goran
just tried photoscore
but it made some big mistakes on reading very clear pdf file notes
n3lly
Mate there's no need to create a new thread to let people know you tried a program. I don't even know why this is in the dj booth but keep the chat inside this thread.

Or if you'd prefer I can move this to the Music Discussion sub-forum..

Let me know if you want me to do that :)
Dj Goran
sorry
i misunderstood this
Post any questions you may have about mixing techniques, samples, software, etc.

I saw the first and the last word like this
Post any questions you may have about software, etc.

Pls delete or move all my threads that are not in the right place
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement