return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2011 / Miami Music Week 2011

no trance pool parties this year?
View this Thread in Original format
PatMcGroin
was really hoping to catch one this year seeing as how last year they were such a success but so far ive seen nothing. what gives?
element-y
They failed last year. The Dip In and the Nikki beach party - killer lineups - turnouts. Real shame. That destroyed it for this year i think.
PatMcGroin
quote:
Originally posted by element-y
They failed last year. The Dip In and the Nikki beach party - killer lineups - turnouts. Real shame. That destroyed it for this year i think.

the nikki one was at a horrible time and overpriced. the dip in i didnt go too but was under the impression it went well.
DPetey81
I thought Dip In went well last year... I had a great time, at least. Sure, it wasn't on the packed level of DJ Mag, but there were a fair number of people there. If I remember right, it was also announced extremely late last year :conf:
element-y
The Dip In maybe had 100 people. For that lineup, it should have been packed. And the venue was great as well. That didnt help bring others in surprisingly. So for a trance pool party to work, all artists, including the headliner, need to be announced. it should not be in phases - release it all at once. Trance has a heavy competition. Earlier announcements and good venue and day/time, as well as sadly, needing a heavy hitting popular name.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement