return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Webhosts
View this Thread in Original format
noikeee
I'm thinking of reviving a blog I had a while ago, but I want more flexibility (ex: fully customizable Wordpress themes and CSS sheets) so I'm looking into buying my own webspace and installing free Wordpress there. Hence comes the question... which webhost? Any of you have any experience with good ones or know of good ones?

The requirements would be quite basic, it's just a simple blog that won't have much locally hosted media. I'm suspicious of free hosts though, as well of hosts that offer "unlimited" space. All I want is fully customizable Wordpress, a bare minimum of space that can allow me to grow the site a little or host unrelated files (something like 1GB would do), and a good price. Best I've found from the national (portuguese) hosts is something like 25€/year for hosting + 9€/year for the domain. Anything cheaper or within the same price range in a foreign location? Wouldn't mind at all hosting overseas, although prefer Europe to the US.
Igaryok
I only know about U.S. hosts, so here's what i recommend.

Shared (what you're looking for). BlueHost, HostGator
VPS: Known Host
Dedicated: Storm on Demand from Liquid Web

However, you can get a lot more information especially about country specific hosts at Webhostingtalk.com
noikeee
quote:
Originally posted by Igaryok
However, you can get a lot more information especially about country specific hosts at Webhostingtalk.com

Best advice I've got so far, cheers. From reading a few threads there so far I'm liking Hawk Host the most although that's in the US, but I'm not hosting a game server so high ping times shouldn't be a huge issue.
Boomer187
dreamhost has been great to me. there are promo codes all around that give you $90 off when you get a 2 year plan...you get a free domain for a year too. it is also us based but might be worth checking out
Sushipunk
+1 on Dreamhost, I've been using them for a few years and they're awesome. Customer service is ing amazing.
idoru
I ing love Dreamhost. In fact, I think I recommended them to Stu when he had the same question. :p
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by idoru
I ing love Dreamhost. In fact, I think I recommended them to Stu when he had the same question. :p

You did :) Still with them :p
BTG
I'm hosted with network solutions.

www.thetechnovikings.com

didn't pay a penny.

LOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement