return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
50TopColleges.Com
View this Thread in Original format
Jake Benson
YAY SPAM! This BSP brought to you by ME! I hope you flame me for it, if not check out the website and then criticize it.

My friend came up with this idea to make a site dedicated to the elite colleges in the United States, but with more of a succinct approach. I helped him gather these statistics and code it onto the site over the course of months. It took us various websites, books, and magazines to find this information. So many websites I was like "how the HELL do I navigate around there's too much information!" That was one of the purposes of creating this website: to get rid of the "WTF where do I find what I'm looking for" dilemma. I'm curious to know if you think the site met it's goal or if it's confusing in any area?

So check it out jiggas: 50TopColleges.Com

I know most of you are old as like myself, but maybe this site could help someone here determine which college they want to go to.

Photobucket
shaw
...but where are the actual rankings?
LAdazeNYnights
m0ar autotune, less bull.
please.
Jake Benson
quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
please.

It's posts like these that make me feel like I'd be REALLY famous and make money if I just posted up myself rapping half naked and cussing with a rubber chicken dancing around.
LAdazeNYnights
:tongue2
that was a really good one... i didn't like it so much at first, but it grew on me.
you're famous in my eyes, jake benson :D
Jake Benson
quote:
Originally posted by shaw
...but where are the actual rankings?

Depends on the source. There's a lot of rankings.
Jake Benson
quote:
:tongue2
that was a really good one... i didn't like it so much at first, but it grew on me.
you're famous in my eyes, jake benson :D

Wow, I'm like...in flattered! It's been kind of a sick little dream of mine to be famous in the eyes of the c0r. You guys are pretty internetually intelligent and bitter so it's REALLY hard to impress people in this forum.
Boomer187
You have one fatal flaw....my website:

51topcolleges.com
Jake Benson
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
You have one fatal flaw....my website:

51topcolleges.com

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Spacey Orange
quote:
Originally posted by Jake Benson
YAY SPAM! This BSP brought to you by ME! I hope you flame me for it, if not check out the website and then criticize it.

My friend came up with this idea to make a site dedicated to the elite colleges in the United States, but with more of a succinct approach.

quote:
Originally posted by Jake Benson

maybe this site could help someone here determine which college they want to go to.

these are two entirely different goals.

i think you do an ok job on the quick glance at the 50. i think a direct link to each school's website (for further exploration) would make it better. you might also want to add a transfer student rates.

i don't think this is really not going to help people decide upon which school to attend. think of the entire population of students trying to attend higher ed. they must number in the hundreds of thousands. only a tiny sliver will even seriously consider these schools, and they probably wouldn't even bother with this site. sorry.

if you really want to help students decide upon a good match, you could do something else entirely. you could, for instance, focus on student aptitudes or interests and match them with schools that have strong programs in those areas.

Chimney
Americans:

* Range SAT: 2070-2350
* Range SAT CR: 690-780
* Range SAT M: 690-790
* Range SAT Writing: 690-780
* Range ACT Composite: 31-34

Is this alot?
dj_alfi
quote: