return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Anonymous or transparent: which side are you on?
View this Thread in Original format
Tasty Onions
quote:
There are two kinds of people on the Internet: The ones who tell you their real names, and the ones who don’t.

That’s an oversimplification of the whole and varied reality of the web, but how we represent ourselves online generally boils down to a core belief in either transparency or anonymity. You either present your real self online and take credit for your actions, or you let your actions speak for themselves while maintaining your privacy.

And who’s to say which modus operandi is truly superior? Two champions of the web, 4chan founder Chris Pool and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, each fall neatly on either side of the debate.

As passionate as Zuckerberg is about people using the Internet to forge and maintain real connections with one another, Poole is equally adamant that many people need anonymity for creativity, activism and simple safety.

So here’s a handy infographic, courtesy of the fine folks at real-time conversation company Namesake, that delineates the advantages, pitfalls and rallying cries behind the anonymity and transparency philosophies.

Which side are you on?

http://mashable.com/2011/05/19/anon...+%28Mashable%29

FuzzQi
Both
ziptnf
Why would you pick one side? Both sides are equally useful when needed.
Zyklon_Jay
knowhope
quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay Deadmau5 matrixing the Crest.
Man seriously where do you get these pictures.

I love em and they crack me up! :crazy:
VDub
I'd say I'm about 90/10 for transparency...

It's really not a secret who I am..

Not anymore anyway, thanks to in Jon Jon...
Acton
quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay

:stongue:
Meat187
quote:

:stongue: :stongue:
FuzzQi
quote:

Awesome :haha:
nefardec
I can't stand gratuitous infographics.

Infographics are supposed to bring to light otherwise hidden or obtuse information, not nearly depict simple statistics.
:o

Ygrene
quote:
Originally posted by nefardec
Infographics are supposed to bring to light otherwise hidden or obtuse information, not nearly depict simple statistics.
:o

I did not know this. I wish I would have learned through infographic.
igottaknow
If a picture says a 1000 words and a picture of a 1000 words says a million words?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement