return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Canada - Western Canada

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Calgary TranceAddict wishlist
View this Thread in Original format
klago
We've been pretty spoiled in Alberta the past 6 weeks, with more good shows coming up.

Who do you think our promoter friends should bring to town next?

My picks:
Arty
Matt Zo
John Askew
klm21
Not to sure when the last time he was in Calgary was, but regardless IŽd love if Paul van Dyk went to Calgary, IŽd make the trip up for sure. Likewise if ATB did.
Other on wishlist.. Simon Patterson, Marco V.
IŽd throw on Schulz and Ferry but theyre both there June 30th and Canada Day, IŽm making the trip for both for sure lol.
John Askew would be cool too, I saw him last month in Montreal was great.
ckz
I totally agree with Arty & Mat Zo, my 2 faves.
DarkMemoria
Yeah there have been a ton of big shows lately, and a bunch more coming up (Schulz, Ferry, Cosmic Gate, Eddie Haliwell, etc).

Would love to see Simon Patterson, Mark Knight, Avicii and Arty.
Dmatrox
I would like more house djs!
Here's my wishlist:

Chuckie
Laidback Luke
Porter Robinson
Deadmau5
Skrillex
Fedde Le Grand
Christopher Lawrence
kunvar25
Here's my huge wishlist

1. The Thrillseekers
2. Super 8 & Tab
3. Daniel Kandi
4. The Blizzard
5. Above & Beyond....never get tired of listening to them
6. DJ. Eco
7. Armin Van Buuren
8. Paul Van Dyk
9. Airwave
10. Blank & Jones
11. Arty
12. Mike Shiver
13. Jonas Steur
14. Ronski Speed
15. Airbase
16. Andrew Bennett
klm21
Change my mind about Arty, saw him last weekend and his set totally sucked. One of worst DJ sets Ive seen. No flow at all, and full of cheesy vocal tunes. I counted at least 20 in the first hour of 2 hour set.

Menno de Jong, Paul van Dyk, Marcus Schossow, W&W, Andy Moor, Carl Cox, Leon Bolier

Also thanks for the great bookings for this september with Richard Durand, Simon Patterson, Sean Tyas and Marco V!!!!
klago
quote:
Originally posted by klm21
Change my mind about Arty, saw him last weekend and his set totally sucked. One of worst DJ sets Ive seen. No flow at all, and full of cheesy vocal tunes. I counted at least 20 in the first hour of 2 hour set.

I agree with this 100% Were you at Electric Zoo by any chance?

Someone really needs to bring Alesso and Dirty South to Calgary.
klm21
quote:
Originally posted by klago
I agree with this 100% Were you at Electric Zoo by any chance?

Someone really needs to bring Alesso and Dirty South to Calgary.

No, I saw him play the next day in Montreal, so I assume he played close to the same set that he did at EZ.
klago
I didn't have an issue with his track selection, he couldn't mix to save his life. He knew it too. He looked very uncomfortable on the stage. It was total tennis shoes in a clothes drier.

suntrancin
quote:
Originally posted by klm21

Haha, this makes me laugh...gotta agree though. Also, once you've heard one Arty set you've pretty much heard them all. He barely changes the tracks and if its something new, it just cheese.

He had so much going for him the first few months this year, not sure what happend...I guess the attention got to him??:conf:
klm21
Might be. Even when he first got behind the decks he gave off this attitude like he was the greatest. Yknow when someone is chewing gum but with their mouth almost wide open? He was doing that, kind of ignoring the crowd, which is fine I guess but then he put on his little earphones and put on an R.E.M. mashup haha. The DJ just on before him was playing really good hard banging tracks too and got me in the mood then once Arty got on it was like a WTF? moment, haha.
Agree about his set too, I looked up a few before I went to see him they seemed almost identical and likewise what he played was probably 80% same tracks/mash-ups.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement