return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

Urgent question to Londoners(or those who knows London streets well!)
View this Thread in Original format
Narcissus
I'm in London at the moment and will be here for the next 3 days. I've been trying to locate a dj records store apart from HMV, Tower and that sort of places. If anyone knows where to go for some good trance with imports etc please lemmene know soon.
Also I've found couple of DJ hardware stores but prices are too high.. if you guys know exactly where to go do post. Any helps will be appreciated!
Cheers.
evil_bastard
Soho, it has record shops everywhere.

Can't remember how to get there, but it's right near Oxford Street, London's main shopping area where all the tourists waste their money.

Here's a huge map of the tubes/trams/trains in London, scroll to the very middle. If you're near a train station, go to Charing Cross. Leave Charing Cross station and walk to Embankment tube station, it's about 100 metres down the road form Charing Cross. From there get the tube (underground or whatever you want to call it) to "Oxford Circus". Then just ask people where "Soho" is, it will be within walking distance.

Shouldn't be too hard to find, it's notorious for it's sex scene so everyone knows where it is. I may have my directions wrong, I live 300 miles from London .. just follow the train and tube maps to Oxford Circus. Good luck mate, London is huge! :eyespop:
mentalbarter
Yeah in Soho.
On the right hand side off Oxford Street after Oxford Circus when your walking towards Tottenham Court Road.
I think Wardour Street is the best one to turn down. You'll have to avoid all the crappy garage e, tho Blackmarket is worth a look for some D'n'B nasties:D
demons
Choci's is good for hard trance...

The basement
9/12 St Annes Court
(Off Wardour St)
London
W1V 3AX

:D
Narcissus
Hi again.. I'm back to Bangkok now... Shopping there was fun... I found Wardour street it wasn't far from where we stayed (Tottenham Court Rd.). Reckless Records was realllly good .. loads of promo for 3.50. I also dropped by to Choci .. the owner recommended me a vinyl .. it as sick!!! Notting Hill also has record stores.. got quite a big load and to think they were only for 2 quids each! Thanks to all you for helps! I'll be sure to give some if you come down here.
sykadelik
Slamming vinyl I seem to remember was quite good in Camden Market. It was a couple of years ago i went there so dunno wot its like now!
Cyberdog
MAD RECORDS!!!best shop i ve been to for the harder stuff
www.madrecords.net

in covent garden... theres plastic fantastic round the corner for more tribal/prggy stuff...

and up dean st in soho, about 5 mins walk from mad and plastic is Trax and Kokonzai (sp) all top for trance/hard house!

XSF (now hot choona i think) in Berwick st. just off oxford st dunno if its still there though, was very good for hard house/trance...

City Sounds... dunno where that is though..
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement