return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - Ibiza

Video of someone attempting a burglary in Playa Den Bossa
View this Thread in Original format
Dream Beamz
This place I was staying was broken into 3 days before I showed up and got away with several laptops, ipods, cash, etc. I guess the score was so good they wanted more because we felt like people had kept coming back to knock on the door to see if we were home. It got to the point where they would only come to the door when they saw one of my friends leave (thinking it was the last person out of the house)

Well, wouldnt you know it, they attempting it again. And gained access but I shut the door back on him and they ran away. Attached are what I managed to get video and picture wise through the peep hole. Probably really scary to show your girl/wife :nervous: if you plan on taking them to Ibiza. Police reports were made on both incidents and we turned over the video to the police. They seemed really helpful and it looks like they might catch the guys that were in the video.

Let me give these pointers as someone who has been through a lot in my life:

1. Double lock or deadbolt your door. By doing this, they cannot gain entry into the house or apartment like you see done in the video. I didnt have a key so I actually had no way else to lock the deadbolt since it requires a key on both sides.

2. Never leave any difference in appearance from the outside of the apartment for people to know when you are home or are not home. To include lights, blinds/shutters. etc. Our apartment had shutters so we left them shut and felt like prisoners in our own home. A towel at the crack of the door helps. As you can see, they looked right under the door with me standing there and did not see me for this reason.

3. If in this position and you feel unsafe, go out a window and call the police. I felt like I could control the situation by jamming my foot against the door. Their were two girls sleeping in a back room so I wanted to be passive and make them think today just wasnt their day on breaking in, and it almost worked. They almost gave up. By the time he pushed harder, I pushed back harder and they ran away fast. I was on the phone with 112 at this point so was unable to make video further than what I got.

4. Use a lockbox or safe if you have one, pay the extra 5 euro a day for it

5. Blasting music out of your patio with your monitors hooked up to turntables is not a good idea (my thought on why they came in the first place)

If anyone sees these guys just take a clearer picture (if you can) and call 112, dont confront. I will be posting on spotlight as soon as my forum account gets approved. Let me just say, I am doing all of this to help people and perhaps catch the guys. This actually didnt effect anything besides my nerves.

IMG_7508

IMG_7507

IMG_7496

IMG_7495

IMG_7494
suntrancin
Wow, that is pretty freaky! Yeah I'll be sure to rent a safe box and take the precautions you mentioned.

I've read a few reviews on Playa Den Bossa and ppl seem to recommend the place, kinda turned me off after reading/watching your post!
Dream Beamz
quote:
Originally posted by suntrancin
Wow, that is pretty freaky! Yeah I'll be sure to rent a safe box and take the precautions you mentioned.

I've read a few reviews on Playa Den Bossa and ppl seem to recommend the place, kinda turned me off after reading/watching your post!

I still highly recommend it, I had a MUCH better time staying in playa den bossa than I did in San Antonio two years ago. Like night and day kind of difference. Just try and find a place that requires you to go through the lobby to get in.
PvDoBseSSioN
yeah this happens in ALOT of places, put everything in your safe box, i've said it 100 times
PatMcGroin
are the safe boxes big enough for a laptop?
Dream Beamz
quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
are the safe boxes big enough for a laptop?

Not the 3 different ones that I saw, I ended up bouncing around different hotels/apartments for the last 3 days....
PatMcGroin
quote:
Originally posted by Dream Beamz
Not the 3 different ones that I saw, I ended up bouncing around different hotels/apartments for the last 3 days....

yea i vaguely remember the safe box from our last trip not being too big. netbook might probably fit though no?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement