return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - Ibiza

Arrive in Ibiza on Sunday and Need some advice from people who've been this year
View this Thread in Original format
California LT
Full disclosure, I've been to Ibiza 2 times, but I want an update on this summer vs last year.

Questions:
1) I won't be in PDB until about 7 or 8pm this Sunday; we're going to we Love...how much are tickets at the vendors in PDB the day/evening of? Is there any chance at getting discounted wrist bands on the beach that late?

2) I bought a ton of tickets for shows online already, last year, I found that tickets were somewhat readily available on the beach for a lot of shows at a lower price...is this true this summer, in particular, Carl Cox tix were like 20 euros before like midnight or something like that, as opposed to 35 or 40 on ibz spotlight, is this the case this time around?

3) How packed are the clubs this week / next week?

4) When is the time to go to DC10 and are tickets cheaper on the island than the the 40 euros on ibiza spotlight?

5) Any good food recommendations?

6) Any great tips for random bars/restaurants/beaches/towns to check out? I'm 100% going to Formentara 1 day for sure

We went last summer, but missed DC10 and Formentara...won't miss them this year. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance for any help! Also, if anyone is going to be there from 8/28-9/11, hit me up.
-LT
PatMcGroin
we're getting there the 11th (hitting svd @ eden that night). but if you could let me know about the carl cox tickets that would be great. i actually bought closing party tickets today because carl posted they were selling quick. but we're hitting his party the week before too so thats the one im interested in finding out about because we havent bought those tickets yet. if i could save a couple bucks that would really come in handy.

and a big +1 for formentera. didnt do it last time either but theres no way we're missing it this time around.
Dream Beamz
answers below

quote:
Originally posted by California LT
Full disclosure, I've been to Ibiza 2 times, but I want an update on this summer vs last year.

We went last summer, but missed DC10 and Formentara...won't miss them this year. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance for any help! Also, if anyone is going to be there from 8/28-9/11, hit me up.
-LT

quote:
Questions:
1) I won't be in PDB until about 7 or 8pm this Sunday; we're going to we Love...how much are tickets at the vendors in PDB the day/evening of? Is there any chance at getting discounted wrist bands on the beach that late?

When I went (late july) tickets from vendors were 53 euro for sunday night at space. People were giving out wristbands on playa den bossa saying they were discount for space but no idea how much. I did not go to we love this year. I heard this night was having trouble pulling a crowd

quote:
2) I bought a ton of tickets for shows online already, last year, I found that tickets were somewhat readily available on the beach for a lot of shows at a lower price...is this true this summer, in particular, Carl Cox tix were like 20 euros before like midnight or something like that, as opposed to 35 or 40 on ibz spotlight, is this the case this time around?

Carl cox this year has had absolutely no trouble getting people in the door. I have heard from numerous people that july and august have had record breaking numbers for this night at space compared to other years. I wouldnt expect any 20 euro deals. I had a friend go before 12 and I think she said she paid 50 euro. Presales from vendors was 60 euro, the door was 80-100 euro

quote:
3) How packed are the clubs this week / next week?

In late july there were a lot of dead nights, be @ space was one of them. Tickets at the door were only 35 euro, 30 presale from vendors

Cocoon, Masquerade motel, FMIF, and Cream have all been at capacity (what they call capacity is actually a double can of sardines) for every night in August. Presale or not if you are going to these, get there before 2am otherwise you will be waiting to get in.

quote:
4) When is the time to go to DC10 and are tickets cheaper on the island than the the 40 euros on ibiza spotlight?

for circoloco Monday 9pm to 2am. No idea about prices

quote:
5) Any good food recommendations?

Ciao ciao in playa den bossa had some great casual homemade italian food. Dont take a date there but its really really good and you will only spend 10 to 15 euro a person. Not only that, the door host was a part owner and they all took great pride in the taste of their food. Anyone I have told to go there has enjoyed the taste thoroughly

I can recommend passion as a casual spot to get decent sandwiches and milkshakes (across the street and down 100 meters from space)

on a budget there is a place in playa den bossa (more towards ibiza town), it is called cafeteria magic. They had an amazing salad for 5 euro

quote:
6) Any great tips for random bars/restaurants/beaches/towns to check out? I'm 100% going to Formentara 1 day for sure

In another thread I wrote a semi-good section about my findings going to formentera. I will copy and paste it here

20 euro for the boat cruise pass (no need to pre buy at your hotel as you get stuck waiting for your boat, none of them were sold out so it would have been smarter if I had waited to pay for my cruise when I got to the port)

Ate a good meal in La Savina before I started biking to the beach for 8 euro

I bought 3 1 litter bottles of water in La Savina at a store for 2 euro total, put it in my backpack, already had some snacks with me.

Bought some post cards for a total of 4 euro

7 euro for the bicycle rental (which also negated the toll to get to illetes beach, you must pay toll if on motorbike or car) took 25 mins to go all the way to where this restaurant is
http://www.juanyandrea.com/en/situacion.html

total 41 euro, maybe add 4 euro for things I forgot about. But I remember thinking that I would have surely spent more if I was on Ibiza

Spent about 4 hours at the clear beach, went to the east side of the island for an hour to get away from it all then was boarding my boat at 6pm

ONE MORE IMPORTANT NOTE: I know a lot of people choose not to carry their passport with them but when I got off the boat in Formentera I got asked for my passport. They were doing it at random, I would say one out of 10 and I have heard they dont even do this for every boat. No idea why or what is going on but I always considered it safer to have my passport on me so I have always carried it.

some random wifi codes in playa den bossa

Buena Onda Cafe (SSID BuenaOnda)
buenaondacafe

Cafeteria Magic (SSID WLAN_F2)

Passion (SSID TEA_PIGS)

Hotel Ebanos downstairs bar
ebano15062011

Canbyan
blues
California LT
Tremendously helpful info!!!

Thank you VERY much!