return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Best Camera with Video?
View this Thread in Original format
chillenandy321
I'm sure there is a thread already started, but what are some good cameras with video? HD,sound,battery,etc. Looking for a compact and $300 limit. Thanks
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by chillenandy321
I'm sure there is a thread already started, but what are some good cameras with video? HD,sound,battery,etc Thanks

Budget? Compact or DSLR?
chillenandy321
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Budget? Compact or DSLR?

Oh sorry lol $300 and compact
Joss Weatherby
Sony DSC-HX5

10.2MP and can do HD video.

Some videos I shot in Japan with it:

It is a little thicker than some camera, but I could fit it in my pocket really easily still.

and yes, it can shoot much longer than those videos. I shot a 10 minute video on the Nozomi but its like 1.4 gigs and im too lazy to upload.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Joss Weatherby
Sony DSC-HX5

Very, very good camera. My fiance used to have one.
knowhope
LoL at Nou making his youtube vids oversized... Someones worried about his 'camera' size.
Joss Weatherby
quote:
Originally posted by knowhope
LoL at Nou making his youtube vids oversized... Someones worried about his 'camera' size.

Its called clicking "Play in HD" in the embed you inbred twat punt.
chillenandy321
quote:
Sony DSC-HX5

10.2MP and can do HD video.

Some videos I shot in Japan with it:

It is a little thicker than some camera, but I could fit it in my pocket really easily still.

and yes, it can shoot much longer than those videos. I shot a 10 minute video on the Nozomi but its like 1.4 gigs and im too lazy to upload.

How's the sound quality if you were to use in the club?
knowhope
quote:
Its called clicking "Play in HD" in the embed you inbred twat punt.
What's up your ass tonight?

Btw op, check out Samsung MV800.
Joss Weatherby
quote:
Originally posted by chillenandy321
How's the sound quality if you were to use in the club?

Not great.

chavag25
I just bought the new flip a week ago, about $100, I recorded while I had the music full blast in my room. I was surprised, The sound quality is very good, bass sounds clear. Not the best HD picture but its fair for 100 dollars.
PatMcGroin
finding a camera that records well in a club is always quite difficult. probably due to the fact those of us who care about using it in that kind of environment are a fairly small fraction of the market and therefore the reviews are never specific to our needs. so it basically turns into a guessing game.

personally i use the canon sd960is. which i bought new for $300 two summers ago and it still does the job great. outside of it being used in the clubs it does the job fine too, but i still preferred the pictures that came out of my sd600. the pictures in the sd960is are by no means bad but they are defiantly other point and shoots with better results. but for my needs i dont need slr type quality. the only thing that i really dont like about the camera is the zoom. when a recording is already going, the zoom is not optical anymore but instead digital. this is basically not doing anything other than zooming in on the pixels of the video. pretty retarded. but thats because its a point and shoot. buying an hd camcorder would fix the problem but how many of us want to carry around big clunky camcorders when we're out so ya basically gotta stay with the point and shoots. any of the newer (and more expensive, i think thats the key) canon point and shoot models should record the sound well. but of course theres no way of knowing unless you go out and test it yourself.

ive also used the sd1300 and in a way i expected the sound to record well (since the camera came out a year and a half after i got mine) but because it was part of the lower price bracket the sound was of course not up to par.

my camera you can still purchase brand new on amazon for $219 which isnt bad at all. but maybe you dont want a 2 year old camera. in that case the only thing i can recommend is going on youtube and when you find videos that are the kind of quality you're looking for ask the uploader!! people do this all the time on my videos and i always answer.

ive asked others a few times too and im pretty sure it was the panasonic lumix dmc-zs8 that recorded some mighty good stuff. the zoom was also better than on my camera. so you might want to check that one out.

so out of personal experience i will always recommend canon. but thats because im a canon whore. the sd600 was my first and it was amazing. even after 3-4 years of having it and abusing it and having it dropped and scratched to all hell i was still able to resell it for $50 on amazon because it still worked! i also have the g10 which is an absolutely incredible machine and ive used the rebel xs as well which blew me away. of course those cameras are for other purposes but it just further strengths my loyalty to canon. but defiantly do your research because there are good cameras out there! good luck. and please let us know what you decide and how it turns out.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement