return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

anyone listen to electroacoustic music?
View this Thread in Original format
pozz
curious to see if anyone ventures into that territory. thought of this while in the ambient thread, i'm surprised it's as popular as it is.

so: electroacoustic music, otherwise known as acousmatic music, otherwise known as experimental/early electronic music (even though it is very much alive today).

Names I like and admire:
-Bernard Parmegiani
-Arne Nordheim
-Francisco Lopez
-Helge Sten (aka Deathprod)
-Mika Vainio (aka Pan Sonic)
-Geir Jenssen (aka Biosphere)

and you will be surprised by: Robert Babicz. released an album entitled "Desert" on Mille Plateaux which featured this kinda noise.

i realize this is a bit of a stretch, but who knows.

examples:

pozz
not really surprising that there are no replies. two more examples:

Basic Channel (that's right, the dubtechno guys) youtube compression is bloody awful tho.

Ishvara (the psybient producer) - this particular track sounds like an updated version of stuff that many many people made in the 1950s and 60s, like: Iannis Xennakis, Francois Bayle, Vladimir Ussachevsky

Now that I listen, i realize it sounds like that Wendy Carlos album: http://www.discogs.com/Wendy-Carlos...-/release/18288 quite famous in ambient music

i had a few more in mind by producers you would not normally expect to be interested in these sounds, can't remember offhand tho.

perhaps these kind of sonic manipulations will help inspire.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement