return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
US-114 MKII problem
View this Thread in Original format
mnw479
Hello,

I bought a TASCAM US-144MKII half a year ago and i still can't get it to output sound. I followed the instructions in the manual, updated drivers and firmware from the website, and set it as the default audio device. I checked that the mon mix knob was turned to computer and the phones and line out knob were turned up. After this, I contacted customer support and they did not know what the problem was and said it was broken, but the warranty ran out. It is in mint condition and I believe that I have overlooked something that is fixable.

When I first got it, i got it to work in cubase le4 and mixmeister for a short amount of time. Now when i try to use it in itunes or fl studio it doesn't work. I've tried it with both speakers and headphones. Does anyone have an idea what's wrong? I appreciate it.
DJ RANN
Questions:

1, What OS?
2, What sequencer (and version)?
3, What driver version are you using?
mnw479
1. Windows 7 64-bit
2. FL Studio 10 / Cubase LE5
3. 2.03
DJ RANN
quote:
Originally posted by mnw479
1. Windows 7 64-bit
2. FL Studio 10 / Cubase LE5
3. 2.03

Thanks - so you're using the latest driver and firmware - did you follwing the intall instructions exactly as laid out in this?

http://tascam.com/content/downloads...ele5_qsg_va.pdf

Tascam products can be really finicky about following their installation protocol.

Also, have you tried a different USB cable and a different USB port?
mnw479
I assume you're referring to the user's manual, but yes i followed it word for word. I don't have another usb cable and i tried a different usb port with the same result.
Zombie0729
uninstall the drivers, download the new ones but before you click install/run, right click on the install EXE and select "run as administrator", this is usually the culprit for Vista/W7 issues (speaking from experience here)
mnw479
thanks for the advice, but that did not work either. does anyone else own this and have had problems with it?
mnw479
Does anyone know how I could have damaged it, because customer service said it was broken.
Looney4Clooney
use your warranty.
mnw479
quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
use your warranty.

like i said, i've had this for half a year and the warranty has ran out.

Looney4Clooney
like I said, use your warranty.
mnw479
i'm pretty sure that the warranty was only one month, or am I missing something?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement